Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa- tune in radio

Options
  • 17-01-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi have echo only got at christmas.
    when I ask her to tune in radio 1 it works
    when I ask her to tune in newstalk she says sorry somethings gone wrong
    same happens with today fm
    if I ask her to tune in pat kenny show in the morning it works.
    any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

It may be down to the way you are asking for the radio station. what exactly do you say?

I find " Alexa Play Today FM " works every single time for me for today FM and similarily for other stations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

For me, "Alexa, play BBC radio 6" doesn't work, but
    "Alexa, play BBC radio 6 on TuneIn" does.
    Try adding that after

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

jem wrote: »
    Hi have echo only got at christmas.
    when I ask her to tune in radio 1 it works
    when I ask her to tune in newstalk she says sorry somethings gone wrong
    same happens with today fm
    if I ask her to tune in pat kenny show in the morning it works.
    any ideas please

Yeah, you have the order wrong.

As others have said, try "Play newstalk on tunein" - My wife uses this every morning so I know it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭corminators

Is TuneIn not working for anybody else? I can't find it in the list of Alexa skills, either. Looks to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I think the skills available to you are dependent on the region you have your Amazon account set to. Maybe that's why you aren't seeing it..
    On Amazon, hit account, then content and regions, then preferences and country and region.. there enter a UK address and save.

I had issues getting Alexa to play podcasts aswell.
    I installed an app called Stitcher and setup my favourite podcasts on it. I then installed the Stitcher skill on Alexa.. it works well. You just have to say, Alexa, ask Stitcher to play...

I just noticed.. I don't believe there is a TuneIn skill? I think it's like a preinstalled setup..

• Advertisement

I just noticed.. I don't believe there is a TuneIn skill? I think it's like a preinstalled setup..

It is a skill and it has disappeared. They talk about enabling the skill if you google "How do I enable TuneIn Live on Alexa?" (I can't post links) but it disappeared overnight from the skill store.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

It is a skill and it has disappeared. They talk about enabling the skill if you google "How do I enable TuneIn Live on Alexa?" (I can't post links) but it disappeared overnight from the skill store.

Ok .. sorry I cant help then. I never had a skill enabled for tunein. It worked out of the box

Ok .. sorry I cant help then. I never had a skill enabled for tunein. It worked out of the box

Back working now. Had to train some old people to use some other options which was a pain but I'm glad it's back. You might be right about it being built in

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

For Irish radio the Irish Radioplayer is great, all Irish stations covered. Look for it in skills

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

Make sure you have your location set, then TuneIn will work on command 'Alexa play Newstalk from TuneIn'

• Advertisement
Advertisement