Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sports

• 17-01-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I took out a SIM only 30 Day Connect contract a few weeks ago. The offer page stated 'free eir sport pack on your mobile'. How do I go about getting eir sports on my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭standemancini

I took out a SIM only 30 Day Connect contract a few weeks ago. The offer page stated 'free eir sport pack on your mobile'. How do I go about getting eir sports on my phone?

Thanks in advance.
    Follow up - the eir sports app wasn't showing up in Google Play when searched using my phone. When I located it on my desktop, and tried to install it from there, I was told the app was not compatible with my phone (a OnePlus 3).

I then tried on my Samsung tablet. I managed to install the app but when I tried to log in, I am told that "your account is not eligible to use this app".

Why then does the 30 Day Connect deal state that one gets the free eir sports pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Follow up - the eir sports app wasn't showing up in Google Play when searched using my phone. When I located it on my desktop, and tried to install it from there, I was told the app was not compatible with my phone (a OnePlus 3).

I then tried on my Samsung tablet. I managed to install the app but when I tried to log in, I am told that "your account is not eligible to use this app".

Why then does the 30 Day Connect deal state that one gets the free eir sports pack?

I was having the same problem. Turns out you need to use the red eir sports app instead of the green one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Thanks in advance.

Hi there standemancini,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your eir sports app.

Could you just confirm for me whether you are using the red or green eir sports app?

~Kellie

Hi Kellie

I tried both the red and green. Neither are compatible with my phone apparently. As mentioned above, I then tried to install (the red one) on my Samsung tablet. This installed correctly but when I click on any channel (e.g. eir Sports 1) I am informed my account is not eligible.

Any feedback on this Kellie? In the Play Store, I am informed that the app is not compatible with either my phone or tablet i.e. the 'free eir sport pack' that is included in my bundle is not available to me for some reason. Bear in mind that I had previously been watching sports channels on both devices with previous providers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Any feedback on this Kellie? In the Play Store, I am informed that the app is not compatible with either my phone or tablet i.e. the 'free eir sport pack' that is included in my bundle is not available to me for some reason. Bear in mind that I had previously been watching sports channels on both devices with previous providers.
    Hi standemancini.

We have now escalated the issue our customers are currently having logging into their "eir sport" app, as we cannot resolve this issue here.

We will update this thread when we receive more information about this.

Thank you for your patience.

-Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is your OP3 rooted by any chance?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Is your OP3 rooted by any chance?
    No, its not rooted.

Advertisement