Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Asset Services / Everday finance Payment Debacle

• 17-01-2019 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

recently had the misfortune of having a mortgage moved to Everday finance from AIB in October. This sale was promoted as a non-performing mortgage sale The mortgage is on an apartment that has always performed.

I got a 4-5 page letter regarding the move in Sept but I didn't overread it and assumed that if I needed to action anything it would be fairly clear - well it wasn't! Mortgage repayment processed to Everyday in October so thats grand but it then failed in Nov. Link who are administering the loan sent me a letter informing me. I called them and signed a dd instruction to pay Nov and another for the regular monthly repayment at the start of Dec.

2 weeks later I get a letter telling me that the Dec mortgage is unpaid and to contact them urgently. Contacted them and they apologised etc and then did nothing. Contacted them again early Jan but no monies were taken until today, nearly 2 months after they got the forms, and to add insult to injury they take 4 months of mortgage payments instead of 3 and this is the week before payday so well short on cash now!

They also sent me a letter today requesting sworn statements of income assets etc. This doesn't refer to overdue payments but assume it is connected.

I am unclear whether I am obliged to provide them with this information as I would expect, based upon previous that they will lose it or sell for profit!!

Also I would expect that taking monies in excess of the dds that I signed would be illegal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Massimo77

Hi Clevtrev

I know it's an old thread, but was wondering how you fared out with everyday finance. Did they restructure you mortgage repayments eg time wise or monthly repayment amounts etc. Just had my buy to let mortgage transferred over. Am worried about. Have been making repayments over the last year but had some arrears accrued from the crash a few years ago but couldn't repay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

my mortgage didnt require restructuring and I continue to repay monthly!

I have a friend who had 2 mortgages transferred to Everyday. They came under pressure to make full capital repayments as was paying interest only for more than 10 years with AIB. He was unable to do so but negotiated a deal through his solicitor. Part of the deal included sale of both properties.

Advertisement