Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't receive SMS messages from AIB

Options
  • 17-01-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I'm not really sure where this one belongs, hopefully someone here recognises the problem.

I recently moved my mobile over to Virgin Media. Since then, I have been unable to receive SMS messages from AIB. This has come up in the form of Verified By Visa secure codes as well as a fraud notification.

I've spoken to AIB and they were able to tell me that their messages are being sent by Telrock and also, that they could see a timeout error on the last message sent. The person I spoke to also said that they had seen this on the Three network before.

I spoke to Virgin Media and they said they needed the sender number in order to investigate (they'll log the issue but expect it to be rejected without this information). AIB card services on the other hand said that they had no way to provide this. At this point I'm stuck with no way to advance the issue.

I've tried messaging AIB on their chat but they told me to talk to card services. I've tried their Twitter account but I'm not holding my breath. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved?

Thanks,
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

<SNIP>

Would the best course of action be to leave AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭phildin

Leaving Virgin Media would probably be less disruptive. I'm not unhappy with either party though, they can't figure out how to talk to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

This is more likely to be a VM issue, MVNOs are known for issues with verification texts, it's probable that VM don't have an agreement with the provider that sent the text.

Get a SIM from Eir, Vodafone or Three as they are less likely to have any problems with banking SMS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

I had similar issues, easier to switch mobile company than switching banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭phildin

Thanks @Ten Pin, I agree it's more likely to be a VM issue, the challenge will be to get the number from AIB so I can push the issue with VM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,548 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Virgin Media have recurrent issues with bulk text providers. They will fix it, eventually - could take years. You'll need to move bank or network; no other way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I have no issue with Virgin and BOI

Advertisement