Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 17-01-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I know this is over only 3 euro but on a point of principle I don't want to let it go.
    We bought 2 adult passes to the zoo on Christmas day off their site on a gift card because they are valid for 12 months. We went to the zoo last Sunday and were told we had to pay 3 euro extra because the prices went up on January 1st. We told them they can't do that as we specifically bought a "2 Adult Entry Gift Card" not just a monetary gift card and we shouldn't be charged extra if they put the prices up after we bought the passes. They wouldn't entertain us so we just paid the 3 euro and said we'd contact the zoo on Monday as obviously, or so we thought, the cashier was mistaken.
    Roll on to today, the zoo rang us after sending 2 emails to them and basically said the prices went up in January so we had to pay the extra to gain entry. Surely this can't be the case, you buy a ticket, they change the price after and you have to pay the difference to use the ticket?
    I'm planning on ringing them again tomorrow and I'm just looking for advice on who is in the right here/how to proceed please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

jay48 wrote: »
    I know this is over only 3 euro but on a point of principle I don't want to let it go.
    We bought 2 adult passes to the zoo on Christmas day off their site on a gift card because they are valid for 12 months. We went to the zoo last Sunday and were told we had to pay 3 euro extra because the prices went up on January 1st. We told them they can't do that as we specifically bought a "2 Adult Entry Gift Card" not just a monetary gift card and we shouldn't be charged extra if they put the prices up after we bought the passes. They wouldn't entertain us so we just paid the 3 euro and said we'd contact the zoo on Monday as obviously, or so we thought, the cashier was mistaken.
    Roll on to today, the zoo rang us after sending 2 emails to them and basically said the prices went up in January so we had to pay the extra to gain entry. Surely this can't be the case, you buy a ticket, they change the price after and you have to pay the difference to use the ticket?
    I'm planning on ringing them again tomorrow and I'm just looking for advice on who is in the right here/how to proceed please.

You're 100% right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Did you get in with the Gift Card or did you get tickets in exchange of the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Zhane wrote: »
    Did you get in with the Gift Card or did you get tickets in exchange of the card?

You have to exchange the card for the tickets. I wouldn't have an issue if we bought a card for x amount and the price of entry went up but we specifically bought the card with 2 adult entry passes and then had to pay 1.50 per pass extra to get the tickets. So basically anyone that bought passes before January and hasn't used them yet will have to pay the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

jay48 wrote: »
    You have to exchange the card for the tickets. I wouldn't have an issue if we bought a card for x amount and the price of entry went up but we specifically bought the card with 2 adult entry passes and then had to pay 1.50 per pass extra to get the tickets. So basically anyone that bought passes before January and hasn't used them yet will have to pay the difference.

No I get what you're saying and I 100% agree with you its a bad customer experience

But it sounds to me that you bought the value of 2x Adult Entry passes for that moment in time on a gift card. I would imagine in the terms and conditions it would say if the prices rise it can only be exchanged for the money you bought it for and pay the difference.

If the card was your ticket, then it's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

You're probably right, they actually say on their site if you are buying an entry ticket as a gift to buy a gift card as it will be valid for 12 months so that's what we done. Will have to have a trawl through the T&C s

• Advertisement
Advertisement