Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual life Mortgage Policy

• 17-01-2019 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Took out a dual life policy 11 years ago while we were building our home - we did little or no research at the time and took whatever one was offered by the mortgage adviser ( our bad - I know :mad:) Just now trying to get my head around what it offers or doesn't offer before I call and speak to them.

Its will Acorn life - its a dual life policy for 460k per person. Its around 120/month this year, grows a few € every year. I believe in my untimely demise :) the 460k will pay off the mortgage with what ever left to the missus. Cover is the continued then I think with the next payout to the dependents when herself joins me ...

We are both mid 40's and there is 20 years left on the mortgage.( which is on a very low tracker, fortunately)

Just to pick some people brains on what better offers/options are out there in terms of Assurance/Insurance /Illness cover as I find this whole thing hard to get my head around it

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get a proper review done. It's the only way.

p.s. Acorn Life are unlikely be best advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

To start, get a simple quote from www.labrokers.ie to see how other policies compare.

Decide if you want joint life or dual life.

Joint life = pays out once

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Geuze wrote:
    To start, get a simple quote from

That'll get you a cheap policy but not the most appropriate one.

Advertisement