Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My laptop can't see home WiFi, phone can.

Options
  • 17-01-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a clue as to what the issue may be as I'm stumped!

My WiFi was working fine up until today. My home WiFi eir 5xxxxxxx,is not showing up as in the range list on my laptop. I can see my neighbours routers listed, but not mine.
    Weirdly, my phone and other devices are connected to my eir5xxxxxxx router perfectly.

So if its not the router as other devices can use it and its not the laptop as I can see other routers listed, where could the issue be? I've rebooted a few times.

I have plugged in the yellow cable from router to laptop which works fine, but no good for my back to sit on floor by router for any extended time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Which Eir Modem is it ? Is it the F2000 by any chance ?
    Does it have a 5Ghz option as well as the normal 2.4Ghz - Can the laptop see either of the networks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try going in to your WIFI settings and in known networks select yours and choose forget, then reboot and see what if finds.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Thanks, I got it working by restarting the modem but its happened about 4 times since where the laptop can't see it and by restarting the the modem it finds it again. Its an Eir D2000 modem, only had it a few week so I am assuming that's the issue, not the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Sesame wrote: »
    Thanks, I got it working by restarting the modem but its happened about 4 times since where the laptop can't see it and by restarting the the modem it finds it again. Its an Eir D2000 modem, only had it a few week so I am assuming that's the issue, not the laptop.

Is your laptop connecting to the 5G or 2.4G band on your modem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Tweaky wrote: »
    Is your laptop connecting to the 5G or 2.4G band on your modem ?

Don't know. It doesn't say. Is that a fibre thing? I'm only on super slow rural broadband. Max speed 2.4mb!

• Advertisement
Advertisement