Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videostream & AVG

Options
  • 17-01-2019 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

UPDATE2: For anyone experiencing the same issue... download the full app. It still runs in Chrome. But this version works for me now - https://getvideostream.com/download/#

UPDATE: I've started to use VLC instead and it works.
    Still curious to know how to fix Videostream.

Chrome Videostream stopped working today and I think it has to do with AVG Internet Security.
    Up until now, everything was fine.
    Videostream just blurs the start screen and won't play the file.
    I've reinstalled Videostream and restarted the laptop twice.

AVG periodically pops up a message saying that it is changing the firewall mode to Public for my home network, but when I check it actually hasn't done it.

Anyway, does anyone know how to add this chrome extension to the list of Exceptions in AVG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I tried this last night, but it caused problems with my wifi connection.
    I think the laptop tried to connect without AVG, and maybe tried to start its own firewall. In the end, there were two connections to the WiFi. So proving that AVG was the problem proved difficult.

From Videostream for Google Chromecast™>>Support
    Videostream not work on chromecast :/
    Videostream does not work since 2 days on the Chromecast, The videostream application remains frozen :(
    Posted by Stephane Leroy - 14 hours ago
    Web app fails to cast and blurs
    Are you guys currently working on a fix? I really hope you don't drop this for the native desktop app, especially when there no native Linux client. Is the Linux desktop app still in development?
    <br>On an additional note, if you cast using the mobile app the videostream we app jumps back into life.
    « collapse
    Posted by Swipe650 - 1 day ago
    Any relation here

Thanks for that smuggler.ie.
    I never thought to look up the Videostream in the webstore. It would appear there seems to be an issue as some folks are having the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Major Features
    Video Casting
    Videostream currently supports over 200 different audio and video codecs with multiple quality options to allow playback under various network conditions, Videostream does fail to cast to chromecast if you have AVG and Avast internet virus software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videostream

• Advertisement

Johnboy1951 we posted at the same time.
    It was working for the past 18 mths with AVG until this week!

MargeS wrote: »
    Johnboy1951 we posted at the same time.
    It was working for the past 18 mths with AVG until this week!
    Does this mean that AVG and Avast are soooooooooooo slow to detect and after 18 month its still not fixed?

I was AVG customer time ago for over 5 years, until have feed up with ads even on premium version.

CCleaner f***up in 2017 happened once Avast took over. Coincidence possibly.

Crap. Not a fan at all, not a fan....

Advertisement