Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My teacher lost my English Exam and gave me 48%

Options
  • 17-01-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Wtf? When she gave back out our English results for Christmas she told me she never got my exam back and she doesn't know where it is thus she couldn't correct it. Today I asked her if she found it and she said no and she'll ask other teachers. I asked her what I got in the essay part and she said I got an A (96%) (the essay was an assignment which was to be done by home)

A few hours later after I asked her the results went live on the internet and my English result on the Internet was a D (48%)? Wtf. I'm convinced she made up this result because she would get in trouble if she left my score blank online

How did I get a D in English if

1. She lost my exam and didn't correct it and
    2. I got 96% in my essay

I'm convinced she got an average of the essay and my exam, gave me 0 in the exam and divided 96 into 200 which works out as 48%. How is it my fault she didn't get my exam/lost it? I sat the exam like everyone else I don't know what to do. I have parents teacher meeting soon so I'm going to bring it up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Yes probably put the results in a spreadsheet, which would have treated the blank as zero and computed the overall result as you say. Just a mistake, nothing deliberate. You presumably would get the 96% applied as your overall mark in 5his case.

Bit **** that you don’t get any feedback on your exam though. Ask her to grade some sample paper questions for you to compensate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a 5th year Christmas exam. Your teacher will know what your standard is from your general homework etc..
    People lose things, people make mistakes. It is not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yes probably put the results in a spreadsheet, which would have treated the blank as zero and computed the overall result as you say. Just a mistake, nothing deliberate.
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Why don't you just ask her how the D grade was calculated?

Advertisement