Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Dublin - Boston

Options
  • 18-01-2019 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’m just wondering if someone with experience could please tell me if delta DUB - BOS with Deltais a nice experience? I’m thinking of things such as in flight entertainment, seat configuration and friendliness? My parents are thinking of doing it but be willing to pay more for another airline if it was worth it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I have always preferred the Aer Lingus Dublin To Boston flight to others on the route. Normally I just fly economy and pay extra for my window seat near the front. I also found last trip paying the little extra to choose your meal in advance really adds to the enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I've flown the reverse route - BOS/DUB but always find Delta to be very good. It's usually a 757 so that's a 3/3 configuration (details on Delta's website).

Have always found Delta's FA's to be friendly and professional - if Delta has good fares and timings that suit, I would choose them.

It's usually a 757 so that's a 3/3 configuration (details on Delta's website).

Delta are not a bad airline but a 757 is no way to be crossing the Atlantic these days it just makes the journey really miserable. Dated aircraft that should only be used for much shorter flights. First thing I do now is check the type of aircraft on the route and if I see a 757 it's a big no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thanks for responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

HDMI wrote: »
    Delta are not a bad airline but a 757 is no way to be crossing the Atlantic these days it just makes the journey really miserable. Dated aircraft that should only be used for much shorter flights. First thing I do now is check the type of aircraft on the route and if I see a 757 it's a big no no.

I’ve flown 757’s across the Athlantic with United..no problem. Not sure Ireland - East Coast USA is even considered long haul these days.

With Aer Lingus investing in the new A321 LR you will have more “single-isle” aircraft operating across the Atlantic in the years ahead.

• Advertisement

yew_tree wrote: »
    I’ve flown 757’s across the Athlantic with United..no problem. Not sure Ireland - East Coast USA is even considered long haul these days.

With Aer Lingus investing in the new A321 LR you will have more “single-isle” aircraft operating across the Atlantic in the years ahead.

It's not so much the single aisle its the issue with the old fashioned tv screens that you have to bend to see. An 8 hour transatlantic flight can get quite boring, thank heavens for good inflight entertainment. The 757 is just a tired aircraft these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

I've flown dublin-atlanta loads of times as my brother lives there.delta are really good planes with a pleasent cabin crew.i flew dublin-new York recently with American airlines.horrible experience.seats are tight and they have no TV screen for entertainment aboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Muttley79 wrote: »
    I've flown dublin-atlanta loads of times as my brother lives there.delta are really good planes with a pleasent cabin crew.i flew dublin-new York recently with American airlines.horrible experience.seats are tight and they have no TV screen for entertainment aboard

They use different planes on the ATL and BOS routes.

Muttley79 wrote: »
    i flew dublin-new York recently with American airlines.horrible experience.seats are tight and they have no TV screen for entertainment aboard

That's a Boeing 757, so old and not fit for transatlantic flights.

Advertisement