Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brubox homebrew kits

Options
  • 18-01-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone tried one of the Brubox kits yet? Any info as can find much about them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Dellboy54 wrote: »
    Anyone tried one of the Brubox kits yet? Any info as can find much about them.

Haven't used brubox but I got the one from geterbrewed which have something similar

https://www.geterbrewed.com/stove-top-brewing-starter-kit/

or for for £5 more you get a wort chiller

https://www.geterbrewed.com/stove-top-brewing-starter-kit-with-wort-chiller/

Also they just have ingredient kits for 5litre batches if you already have the equipment just search for stove top on their website for example

I went with the milk stout from geterbrewed and was happy enough with it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

I have the kit. Was an xmas gift and wanted to get started into homebrewing. Kit has most that is needed I think bar bottles ( had a few empties lying around ;) )caps and capper which I have now gotten. Is the wort chiller worth getting at this stage?

The worth chiller is handy but you can always let it cool down naturally or else use an ice bath to cool it down. I didn't have a worth chiller for the first couple of small batch all-grain brews I did just filled up the sink with ice and water and put the pot into it to cool the wort down.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

looks like a gimmick if its the 4.5 L thingy on ebay ?

much better off getting the likes of
    https://www.homebrewwest.ie/craft-range-special-offer-starter-kit-for-beer-4003-p.asp

good 3kg kit.. and all gear is resuable and can be used if you go to extract/ all grain full batch.

Sorry jsut saw that you have it already....at that size you can stand your pot that you mash in in the sink till its cool..partially block the plug so there is a flow out and leave cold tap run in at same rate

I originally got a kit for a present and was doing kit beers and wanted to get into all-grain but didnt have room for full 5 gallon batches. Doing 1 gallon (5 litre) batches allowed me to brew more often and try different styles and dip my toe into all-grain brewing.

The downsides of course are that it works out more expensive to smaller batches for the amount of time needed to do so.

However I'm happy to experiment with small batches for the time being.

• Advertisement
Advertisement