Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom.net email account has been hacked

• 18-01-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi my eircom.net email account has been hacked. I can't access it to change the password or lock it. Can you help please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi my eircom.net email account has been hacked. I can't access it to change the password or lock it. Can you help please
    Hi there DavidCarnie,

I am sorry to hear about this. For webmail issues I would advise contacting our Technical Support team via webchat here

Alternatively, if you can email (from a different email address) wmsupport@eir.ie outlining the issues you are having, they will be able to assist you further with this. 

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oonagh M

Same has happened to me today & I am going around in circles with webchat agents they need to pass you to technical support & after 5 agents trying to pass me over to technical & failing I gave up then found this on google & hopefully getting the email address thanks to Kellie & David’s query I may get somewhere, unbelievable you need an independent web site to find the email address to contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Oonagh M wrote: »
    Same has happened to me today & I am going around in circles with webchat agents they need to pass you to technical support & after 5 agents trying to pass me over to technical & failing I gave up then found this on google & hopefully getting the email address thanks to Kellie & David’s query I may get somewhere, unbelievable you need an independent web site to find the email address to contact
    Hi Oonagh M, 

If you contact this team they will be able to assist you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I'm not sure if my account has been hacked. But, for the last two weeks, I have been unable to

1. Send attachments using my eircom.net email account. This happens whether I'm using eircom.net webmail from iPhone, or whether I send email from Outlook. The mail is bounced back as undeliverable with the following message...

"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'My.Name@gmail.com' on 28/02/2019 11:58
                554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=zKJpgo94d2WSszKJpg3sYI;sid=zKJpgo94d2WSs;mta=vie01a-pemc-psmtp-pe12;d=20190228;t=125743[CET];ipsrc=37.228.238.214;"

The above was a test message I tried sending to my gmail account.

2. For some bizarre reason, I also cannot send an email that includes my website URL in the body of the text. I used to have it in my Signature sign-off. I can't now. I can include ANY other URL - e.g. www.amazon.com - in the body of the text. But, not my own web URL.

I have been using this email address for over 20 years without a problem.

I have gotten nowhere with online Chat Support - they tell me to phone 1901. But, I can't do this since I don't have an Eir account and the account number is the first thing it asks for.

There is a bug in my email account somewhere...but, where?

Thanks.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Dinarius wrote: »
    I'm not sure if my account has been hacked. But, for the last two weeks, I have been unable to

1. Send attachments using my eircom.net email account. This happens whether I'm using eircom.net webmail from iPhone, or whether I send email from Outlook. The mail is bounced back as undeliverable with the following message...

"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'My.Name@gmail.com' on 28/02/2019 11:58
                554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=zKJpgo94d2WSszKJpg3sYI;sid=zKJpgo94d2WSs;mta=vie01a-pemc-psmtp-pe12;d=20190228;t=125743[CET];ipsrc=37.228.238.214;"

The above was a test message I tried sending to my gmail account.

2. For some bizarre reason, I also cannot send an email that includes my website URL in the body of the text. I used to have it in my Signature sign-off. I can't now. I can include ANY other URL - e.g. www.amazon.com - in the body of the text. But, not my own web URL.

I have been using this email address for over 20 years without a problem.

I have gotten nowhere with online Chat Support - they tell me to phone 1901. But, I can't do this since I don't have an Eir account and the account number is the first thing it asks for.

There is a bug in my email account somewhere...but, where?

Thanks.

D.
    Hi Dinarius, 

I would advise contacting our Technical Support team via web chat here or by calling 1890260260. 

You can also email wmsupport@eir.ie with the information you provided above and they will be able to assist you further with this.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement