Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No signal on new build.

Options
  • 18-01-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I built another ryzen 5 2600 pc and i'm getting no signal on my monitor or tv if i use motherboard hdmi or dvi...but if I connect my graphic card it works fine.

I want this build just to be an everyday good pc and i dont have/nor need a card for it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

AFAIK that CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Cordell wrote: »
    AFAIK that CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU.
    facepalm....thanks suppose that's what i get for doing no research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

laneooo wrote: »
    facepalm....thanks suppose that's what i get for doing no research.

But you have a graphics card? What's the problem?

jebidiah wrote: »
    But you have a graphics card? What's the problem?

I wanted this pc to be a home internet pc i have a graphic card for my own other pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Get something cheap with passive cooling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Does this motherboard have integrated graphics?
    Check the specs.

He's able to plug in the monitor to the MB plug, so it supports integrated graphics, but still needs a CPU with integrated GPU to work, the GPU it's not in the chipset anymore.

I don't know much about AMD boards and chipsets so correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK no AM4 board has integrated graphics just outputs for APUs

If the MB has HDMI output sockets then wouldn't that suggest it has integrated graphics or that it only accepts a CPU with integrated graphics capabilities?

Sure when you use a graphics card the card will have output sockets on it and you connect to those.

It means it's compatible the Ryzen G series APU and also the standard Ryzen CPUs with no graphics processing.
    It's the same socket.
    At the moment he has no GPU for that PC.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't know much about AMD boards and chipsets so correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK no AM4 board has integrated graphics just outputs for APUs

Does the CPU you are using, rather APU for AMD, have integrated graphics?

If so then I wonder do you need to select something in the BIOS so that it is using the APU rather than trying to use an absent graphics card?

No guys after looking it up the 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics...should have look it up earlier but anyway i have tried every way under the sun drivers etc.
    I will need a gpu.... anyone suggest a very cheap up to date gpu?under 30-40 euros if not cheaper

If the MB has HDMI output sockets then wouldn't that suggest it has integrated graphics or that it only accepts a CPU with integrated graphics capabilities?

Sure when you use a graphics card the card will have output sockets on it and you connect to those.

It may suggest but that's not the case :) It only has the circuitry needed to feed that connector, but not the brains aka the GPU. It used to be the case with AMD chipsets, but not anymore.

Seen a GTX1050TI for 47 euro on ebay (from china) what ye reckon?

Some cards from China area not what they say they are and are often very old cards, they tamper with the BIOS so it shows up as a newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Your options are:
    • Send the 2600 back, buy an APU (Athlon 200GE, Ryzen 3-2200G or Ryzen 5-2400G)
    • Pick up a cheap GPU from Adverts/eBay/CEX (n.b. some super-old GPUs might not work well on AM4)

Quite a few stories about fake 1050s from China/ebay, stay well away.
    There are graphics cards around 40E on amazon.

I'd send it back if you got it from Amazon. Might be tricky to send back an opened item to other sellers though.

If you want be playing games and won't be using it with a 4k display then a some of the GT range from Nvida might work. I've never used them though so can't really recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just pick up a cheap R5 230 with passive cooling for cheap from adverts or CEX. I used one for a while when I was looking for a new graphics card as my CPU also does not have integrated graphics. Wisper quiet as no fan.

https://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/radeon-r5-230/16387879

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Something like this for €35 new delivered be grand.

If you want a card that'll do h265 decoding, and that would be the advantage of newer cards, the GT1030 is the cheapest card at around €80, though your CPU will do this fine so it's not essential.

• Advertisement
Advertisement