Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir sport app not working on chromecast

• 18-01-2019 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

It's advertised as working with chromecast but I can't cast to anything since before christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

sweetie wrote: »
    It's advertised as working with chromecast but I can't cast to anything since before christmas
    Hi sweetie.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Are you using our (Green) eir Sport App or our Mobile (Red) App?

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi sweetie.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi sweetie.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    green.
    Hi sweetie.

I would recommend taking a look at our setting up your eir Sport App with Chromecast here.

If you are still having problems casting from your device please feel free to contact our technical support team n 1890 260 260.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi sweetie.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    green.
    Hi sweetie.

I would recommend taking a look at our setting up your eir Sport App with Chromecast here.

If you are still having problems casting from your device please feel free to contact our technical support team n 1890 260 260.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    it gives copyright restriction notice when I try, like it's not permitted. This was for the munster rugby game last friday.

after some further investigation it seems that it works with regular chromecast device but not with my nvidia shield which has official chromecast built in or my Sony tv which is proprietary (probably, so thats understandable.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny131

Hi i have been trying to cast using the green Eir sport app but it has not been working the last couple of weeks. the casting works fine with all other apps youtube etc and i am using a genuine external google chromcast. Have tried several google chrome casts now and the same issue. The app plays the channels perfect but when i try to connect to my chromecast connected via hdmi to my tv the casting function gets disconnected from the Eir sport app. It was working perfect up until recently. i have also tried my friends Green Eir sport app on their network and account separately with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 

Johnny131

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Johnny131 wrote: »
    Hi i have been trying to cast using the green Eir sport app but it has not been working the last couple of weeks. the casting works fine with all other apps youtube etc and i am using a genuine external google chromcast. Have tried several google chrome casts now and the same issue. The app plays the channels perfect but when i try to connect to my chromecast connected via hdmi to my tv the casting function gets disconnected from the Eir sport app. It was working perfect up until recently. i have also tried my friends Green Eir sport app on their network and account separately with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 

Johnny131
    Hi Johnny131

For technical support regarding your chromecast issues please call our tech team on this number 1890 260 260 or click here to chat to one of our advisors.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭del_c

Did you get a resolution to this sweetie? I’m having the same issue

Tnx d

del_c wrote:
    Did you get a resolution to this sweetie? I’m having the same issue

I can cast to my regular Chromecast dongle but not to my Chromecast enabled Sony or Nvidia Shield. Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

Is there 

Johnny131
    Is there a fix for it? I've exactly the same problem, external Chromecast was working fine about three weeks ago and then suddenly stopped . 
    I can cast Youtube, etc. no problem, but when I go to EirSport ( green) app TV screen just goes blank and in the app says that casting has stopped.
    App has been uninstalled, re-installed, updated but still no luck..
    Friend of mine has the same issue so I know it's not only me problem. 

And please don't tell me to call 1890 number , it's not my personal issue, seems to be many has the same problem. Telling me to have a private chat will completely defeat the purpose of having Eir representatives on boards.ie  IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Everyone has the issue, casting is completely broken for the past month. eir are supposedly working on it with "high priority" which is hard to believe given it's been broken for so long and they've given no indication of what the issue is or when it'll be fixed.

Looking at the app store the green app hasn't been updated since 2017 which in software terms means its been ignored and no longer maintained, if they were in any way competent they would have noticed a red flag long in advance that the upcoming Chromecast update would break functionality and planned ahead.

It's also probably riddled with security vulnerabilities going so long without an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This has been covered in great detail at the below link

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057957930/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi sweetie.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    green.
    Hi sweetie.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    it gives copyright restriction notice when I try, like it's not permitted. This was for the munster rugby game last friday.

Johnny131
    Gatoh wrote: »
    Is there 

Johnny131
    Is there a fix for it? I've exactly the same problem, external Chromecast was working fine about three weeks ago and then suddenly stopped . 
    I can cast Youtube, etc. no problem, but when I go to EirSport ( green) app TV screen just goes blank and in the app says that casting has stopped.
    App has been uninstalled, re-installed, updated but still no luck..
    Friend of mine has the same issue so I know it's not only me problem. 

And please don't tell me to call 1890 number , it's not my personal issue, seems to be many has the same problem. Telling me to have a private chat will completely defeat the purpose of having Eir representatives on boards.ie  IMHO
    We are aware of issues with the green eir Sport app and Chromecast - it is not working for a significant number of customers.
    The issue is under investigation but we don't have a root cause or estimated fix time yet. We are still gathering examples to assist with the investigation. We will update again as soon as we can, please assure customers that we are working on this as a priority.

Advertisement