Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barred from making outgoing calls

• 18-01-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello,
    I recently bought a new phone and needed a new SIM which I got in one of your stores.  My phone was working fine for a week but since yesterday I have been unable to make outgoing calls.  It says you are barred from making outgoing calls and to contact customer service.  Caller ID is also no longer working so I can't see who is phoning me.
    I tried phoning customer care from a landline but I was on hold for nearly an hour.  Could someone maybe phone me on my mobile instead?
    please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

agentblue wrote: »
    Hello,
    I recently bought a new phone and needed a new SIM which I got in one of your stores.  My phone was working fine for a week but since yesterday I have been unable to make outgoing calls.  It says you are barred from making outgoing calls and to contact customer service.  Caller ID is also no longer working so I can't see who is phoning me.
    I tried phoning customer care from a landline but I was on hold for nearly an hour.  Could someone maybe phone me on my mobile instead?
    please help.
    Hi agentblue.

My apologies about the delay in getting through to our call centres, we are currently experiencing a high volume of customer enquiries resulting in longer waiting times.

Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule callbacks here on this channel, you would need to speak with a member of our customer care team directly on 1901 to schedule a callback.

I would suggest calling into your local eir store to have our in-store team troubleshoot your device and resolve this issue for you as we would be unable to do this for you here on this channel.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    agentblue wrote: »
    Hello,
    please help.
    Hi agentblue.

My apologies about the delay in getting through to our call centres, we are currently experiencing a high volume of customer enquiries resulting in longer waiting times.

Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule callbacks here on this channel, you would need to speak with a member of our customer care team directly on 1901 to schedule a callback.

I would suggest calling into your local eir store to have our in-store team troubleshoot your device and resolve this issue for you as we would be unable to do this for you here on this channel.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Ahren,
    I really can't understand how no two people in customer services for Eir know the same information.  I have been told over the weekend that it is a known issue on Eir's side and that your people are working on it.
    Now you are suggesting that it is a problem with my device.  Surely if there is a 'known issue' that you would know about this issue too?
    Am I being given the run around?

Advertisement