Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If your car broke down on the motorway...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

goat2 wrote: »
    Since this could be a problem for any of us, if a car dies suddenly,
    What is the correct procedure,
    First for me are the hazard warning lights, but on a busy highway, motorway, how do I disembark if there people that are so much in a hurry and I cannot disembark the vehicle because of the amount of traffic on the road at the time,
    and some are not patient enough to hit the brake for a few seconds so that I can run to safety

Other than the hazard lights and not putting out a triangle there is no correct procedure. All the official advice is based on you getting your vehicle to the hard shoulder. If you don't make it to the hard shoulder then your options are grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Trucks can do 90km/h on motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

Trucks can do 90km/h on motorway.

If their limiter allows, a lot won't, they are set between 80 and 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

If their limiter allows, a lot won't, they are set between 80 and 85.

The load also makes a difference, especially on gradients.

Advertisement