Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop syncing between Apple devices?

Options
  • 18-01-2019 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I just bought an iPad.

I already own an iPhone and a MacBook Pro.

Everything that happens on my iPhone (texts, alerts, etc.) pop up on my MacBook. I don’t mind that coz I’m the only one that uses both.

But, the iPad is for household use, so I don’t want my texts and other stuff showing on it. (It has already taken my contacts from my iPhone.)

How can I stop this happening on the iPad (if it means it also stopping on the MacBook, I don’t mind)

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's syncing via iCloud.

on the iPad go into Settings - tap your name/avatar - iCloud. turn off the toggles for each app you don't want to sync to the iPad.

However if the iPad is for communal use, I'd suggest a new AppleID and set up an iCloud family so you can share iTunes purchases, apps etc. but not share messages/photos/notes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Perfect!

Thanks!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Can I hijack this thread please?

I have similar thing only 2 iPhones one without sim but when the sim one rings the non sim one does also and it’s confusing me!! Anyway of stopping this?

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

monkeynuz wrote: »

I have similar thing only 2 iPhones one without sim but when the sim one rings the non sim one does also and it’s confusing me!! Anyway of stopping this?

Tia

Try this.
    Easiest way is to wipe the old phone.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/stop-calls-texts-old-iphones-3682236/?_gl=1*rrqo00*_ga*YW1wLWpNSG03dU45a0dCTi0xQ2ZieXEzVXdLTjlsVEpJYVdHdU81TTZ0c0oybTNfLURBSDlrRmJHRk1DMDZnNmdjLW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

monkeynuz wrote: »

Tia

This is a feature that uses WiFi to ring your other devices if they’re on and within WiFi range and signed into your iCloud account. You can turn it off:

Settings - phone - calls on other devices. Toggle the phone you don’t want the calls to come in on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

On the iPad, just turn iMessage off.
    Same for FaceTime etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tenbob1

I had a similar problem as well, turning off handoff worked.

Advertisement