Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear ending on N7

Options
  • 18-01-2019 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My gf was driving in n7 towards naas this evening and lady in front in a puegout 07 braked hard (claiming a fox ran out in front of car..... on one of the busiest roads in country? Not likely) . My gf braked but road was greasy and ended up hitting back of ladies car.
    Very minimal damage to ladies car (panel maybe slight out of place beside bumper) but my gf front of car and passenger door is a mess (141 polo)....
    Guards out, took statements and swapped insurance info.
    My question, yes obviously my gf is in fault as she rear ended BUT isn’t the other person at fault for breaking harshly in middle of dual carriageway without Warning? There was a good distance between herself and the other lady but with the greasy conditions she skidded into the back of the car.
    I told gf to take plenty of pictures of damage to both cars and I am so worried that this will turn into a ridiculous personal injury claim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭893bet

My question, yes obviously my gf is in fault as she rear ended BUT isn’t the other person at fault for breaking harshly in middle of dual carriageway without Warning? There was a good distance between herself and the other lady but with the greasy conditions she skidded into the back of the car.
    I told gf to take plenty of pictures of damage to both cars and I am so worried that this will turn into a ridiculous personal injury claim.

She didn’t break without warning. Her break lights came as the warning and your gf was too close otherwise she would have been able to stop. Yes your girlfriend may not have been expecting.

Fox could be legit 100%. There are deer signs on that road as they sometimes cross.

There will be a claim no doubt. Hopefully settled quickly as if it’s open a few years it’s almost impossible get a quote from any one other than existing insurer.

Advertisement