Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a new printer?

Options
  • 18-01-2019 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have a HP Envy 110 all in one printer which I bought in 2012. For the past while, I've been having problems with printing to it.

If I send a document to print, the printer receives the job but is extremely slow at printing. It will print only a few lines of the document and then just pause.... then eventually the uncompleted page just comes out. I then get a system message "error printing" on my laptop.

I know that it isn't a network/connectivity issue as the printer seems to receive the jobs I send to it and also because other devices have the same problem with regards to printing documents.

I've also ran Windows Troubleshooter, which has detected a problem but doesn't exactly know what it is.

Does anybody here have any idea of what could be wrong? How it could be fixed or if it's unfixable?

Please help...

Thanks
    Mark
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

mark2912 wrote: »
    I have a HP Envy 110 all in one printer which I bought in 2012. For the past while, I've been having problems with printing to it.

If I send a document to print, the printer receives the job but is extremely slow at printing. It will print only a few lines of the document and then just pause.... then eventually the uncompleted page just comes out. I then get a system message "error printing" on my laptop.

I know that it isn't a network/connectivity issue as the printer seems to receive the jobs I send to it and also because other devices have the same problem with regards to printing documents.

I've also ran Windows Troubleshooter, which has detected a problem but doesn't exactly know what it is.

Does anybody here have any idea of what could be wrong? How it could be fixed or if it's unfixable?

Please help...

Thanks
    Mark
    It's 7 years old and new ink for it will cost close to as much as a new printer that will include 2 free cartridges so I highly recommend an upgrade. DID are selling a brand new HP Envy 5030 for €64.99.

https://www.did.ie/hp-envy-5030-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-black-m2u92b-m2u92b-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

advertsfox wrote: »
    It's 7 years old and new ink for it will cost close to as much as a new printer that will include 2 free cartridges so I highly recommend an upgrade. DID are selling a brand new HP Envy 5030 for €64.99.

https://www.did.ie/hp-envy-5030-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-black-m2u92b-m2u92b-prd

Do you know what the problem could be? It's low on ink at the moment, but it will still photocopy though... but won't print properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Printers have been for a long while throw away commodities - money is made on the ink
    That you got 6 years out of it is good going. As for Windows Troubleshooter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Do you know what the problem could be? It's low on ink at the moment, but it will still photocopy though... but won't print properly.
    Well the generic error and the stuck printing would indicate motor issues or possible print head issues, neither of which is going to be a simple fix. You could try realignment / cleaning of the printer heads from the software but given that it's lasted this long - it's served you well and I would go for the cost friendly efficient upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Very often the older printers have two rubber bands/black rollers that act as pick ups for the paper. They are close to the front on either side. You can remove and rotate them inside out if they are worn. It's a short term fix. Might be held on with c-clips on a pin. Failing that, if it's a motor, dump it and buy another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement