Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the love of God, please can somebody cancel my account

• 18-01-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Can an Eir Rep help me, I contacted EIR before Christmas and I was assured that my account would be cancelled and that my next bill would be my final one lo and behold I receive a bill yesterday which is NOT final bill again just a standard one, fuming as now i have to pay another 80 odd quid for a phone that isn’t used and probably have to wait again for another final one to be issued!!Why do customer reps assure you over the phone that everything is in order and that your request will go through when clearly that is not what’s done once you hang up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Calltocall wrote: »
    Can an Eir Rep help me, I contacted EIR before Christmas and I was assured that my account would be cancelled and that my next bill would be my final one lo and behold I receive a bill yesterday which is NOT final bill again just a standard one, fuming as now i have to pay another 80 odd quid for a phone that isn’t used and probably have to wait again for another final one to be issued!!Why do customer reps assure you over the phone that everything is in order and that your request will go through when clearly that is not what’s done once you hang up!

Any update on this Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi there Calltocall.

I would be happy to look into this for you.

Could you please PM me the following account information.

-Account number.

-Name on the account.

-Address.

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm getting a bill for years,even though I've left eir years, they're just awful,I gave up trying to get this sorted, inept eir at its worst

I'm getting a bill for years,even though I've left eir years, they're just awful,I gave up trying to get this sorted, inept eir at its worst
    Hi corks finest

I'm sorry to hear about this, please PM the below account information and I will look into this for you.

-Account number,

-Name on the account,

-Address,

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi there Calltocall.

-Account number.

-Name on the account.

-Address.

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Ahren

I just sent you a pm, thank you for reply

• Advertisement

Hi there Calltocall.

-Account number.

-Name on the account.

-Address.

-Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Ahren

I just sent you a pm, thank you for reply
    Hi Calltocall.

I have received your PM and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DMG1968

Hi,

I am having problems with cancellation too. I canceled my account on 9th January and I was told I would receive a letter to send back my modem.

I still haven't received a letter from Eir nor been contacted by email.

I had previously wrote a letter to the address to cancel on 7th December 2018 and when I eventually got through on 1901 they said they never received it. It was then they told me instructions would be sent to me to return modem etc.

Can someone please help as the 30 days notice will be expiring in the next few weeks.

Thank You,

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

DMG1968 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having problems with cancellation too. I canceled my account on 9th January and I was told I would receive a letter to send back my modem.

I still haven't received a letter from Eir nor been contacted by email.

I had previously wrote a letter to the address to cancel on 7th December 2018 and when I eventually got through on 1901 they said they never received it. It was then they told me instructions would be sent to me to return modem etc.

Can someone please help as the 30 days notice will be expiring in the next few weeks.

Thank You,

Danny
    Hi Danny,

I have just responded to your PM.

~Kellie

Hi Calltocall.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Ahren I have yet to receive a reply? Can you please update me with a response?

Anyone out there from Eir? This is the original poster of the thread, someone hijacked my thread and seems to have got an answer but mine is still outstanding can someone please assist?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

You need to talk to Joe.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

You need to talk to Joe.

You need to talk to Joe.

Ha, might do me more good, I’m talking to the wall here.

Hi Calltocall.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Ahren I have yet to receive a reply? Can you please update me with a response?
    Hi there Calltocall.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have replied to your Pm there.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Advertisement