Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bought my favourite Yankee Candle, Christmas Eve, as a treat to myself :) It was €18 instead of €28, bargain :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://www.facebook.com/70730467584/posts/10157013127882585?sfns=mo

This is also amazing and needs to get in my belly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

Loughc wrote: »
    I also need this jumper.

6AM3byC.jpg
    I'm sold! Where did you see that?

Oh holy mother of God!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Baileys!!!!!!!! I want all of them... :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Selfridges unveils its Christmas windows
    "the first department store in the world to launch its in-store displays and windows for the Christmas season.
    This year’s theme is ‘Future Fantasy, a Christmas for Modern Times’. Each window at the Oxford Street store features a modern reimagining of a well-known fairytale.
    These include Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Goldilocks. "
    https://www.drapersonline.com/news/first-look-selfridges-unveils-its-christmas-windows/7038048.article

otnomart wrote: »
    Selfridges unveils its Christmas windows
    "the first department store in the world to launch its in-store displays and windows for the Christmas season.
    This year’s theme is ‘Future Fantasy, a Christmas for Modern Times’. Each window at the Oxford Street store features a modern reimagining of a well-known fairytale.
    These include Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Goldilocks. "
    https://www.drapersonline.com/news/first-look-selfridges-unveils-its-christmas-windows/7038048.article

Wow so Christmassy!! (Sarcasm alert).

Maybe they look nicer in real life. Those pictures are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Literally none of those photos spark anything Christmassy in me - except the last one and only because I can see some wreaths and baubles!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think I read online earlier that BTs in Dublin are also unveiling their Christmas windows today. I think they may be owned by the same company so they are probably equally as 'Christmassy' as Selfridges :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fairy tale scenes are not Christmassy!!! :mad:

Fairy tales remind me more of Easter than Christmas!

• Advertisement

Bought this in Penneys for my little boy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

jellybear wrote: »

Ah that is beyond cute! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Good Housekeeping Christmas Taste Test
    The panel blind-tasted goodies from 51 retailers
    www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/christmas/a29385528/best-christmas-food-drink-test/

Lucky, lucky tasters !

The Arnotts Christmas shop is now open online, some beautiful ornaments but pricey!

Little man's first Christmas jumper :D
    From Tesco :)

Little man's first Christmas jumper :D
    From Tesco :)

ADORABLE!!! :D

raclle wrote: »
    I'm sold! Where did you see that?

I seen it on a site called Merchoid.com

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

What would make a good gift for a baby's first christmas?

• Advertisement

A teddy bear that they can grow up with is usually a great present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

How old will they be? Big different between 2 months and 10 months.

Elf 3 will be 8 months, give or take, by Christmas so like Loughc said, I'm thinking soft teddy/Disney character as one toy. The other two still have the ones they got for their first Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Clothes or an ornament for the tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like the soft toy idea. My nephew was given a little soft toy that rattled or squeaked or something for his first Christmas and he didn’t put the thing down. It was small enough for him to hold and chew on and he just loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 swann8

My 6yo still sleeps every night with his favourite teddy that was a gift on his first Christmas. It's a great idea.

Our two were 11 months old for their first christmas and were already crawling & rolling around, they got loads of soft toys & stuff like that but the toys they played with the most were a drum & xylophone (think thats what they're called anyway), basically stuff they could hit with drumsticks & make noise from... they played with them constantly & loved them. We still laugh at the photos we have of them both playing with them.
    Wow, such great memories. Whatever you get them, just take it all in & enjoy every second of it, it goes waaaay to quickly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love that idea DvB. Anything they can explore themselves at that age is a great idea. (The noisier the better. :pac:)

Love that idea DvB. Anything they can explore themselves at that age is a great idea. (The noisier the better. :pac:)

Agree.

Sometimes its the simple things that work out best. Many's a fancy toy got discarded in no time & ended up in the bin or being donated elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Agree.

Sometimes its the simple things that work out best. Many's a fancy toy got discarded in no time & ended up in the bin or being donated elsewhere.

Or they open the present and play with the box instead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I've just given in and bought the boots yankee candle set that is 'reduced' to €30. A purchase is a purchase, even if its for me ;)

Advertisement