Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I've just given in and bought the boots yankee candle set that is 'reduced' to €30. A purchase is a purchase, even if its for me ;)

Its important to treat yourself from time to time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

TRS30 wrote: »
    Its important to treat yourself from time to time :)

I will keep telling myself that everytime I see something pretty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

What would make a good gift for a baby's first christmas?
    I would go for Christmas clothes. So the parents can dress up Baby for the 12 days, and the pics will be great memories.
    Or a Christmas blanket that can be used year after year.
    Or a Baby Christmas melamine dinner set (bowl and spoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

I've just given in and bought the boots yankee candle set that is 'reduced' to €30. A purchase is a purchase, even if its for me ;)

if its the one I saw the other day, it is actually quite good value for what you get! Is it the one with large xmas one and then medium and small ones too?

snowgal wrote: »
    if its the one I saw the other day, it is actually quite good value for what you get! Is it the one with large xmas one and then medium and small ones too?

Yep, its very good value. They only have a couple left in my local boots so presume they wont be around for long....some friends and siblings went and got them also after I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Anyone have a link for the yankee candle set in boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

There’s quite a lot in there for that price. Thanks for posting .

I repurchased the ginger essential oil, as it is really gets the house smelling yummy and Christmassy
    I also got a pack of Christmas paper table napkins, will open it very soon as my current pack of napkins is running out.

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    " World-famous US toy store FAO Schwarz is to open a 6,000 sq ft shop in Dublin department store Arnotts.

The store, which featured in the movie Big starring Tom Hanks, will open in late October and is part of a strategy by Arnotts to create a family 'destination' in the city centre.

FAO Schwarz will be in the area and will be joined by another well-known US brand, Pottery Barn,

Just curious - as am not in Dublin.
    Have these two opened, yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Oh I couldn't resist today lol

Noticed that my local Flying Tiger has the Christmas stock in the window. Might go in, the next couple of days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just back from a trip in London and on the way home I treated myself to a Selfridges Christmas ornament.

Pretty sure I saw Yankee candles in Homestore and More the other day for €17.99.

I'm not a candle expert by any stretch of the imagination so could be smaller./ different ones to the ones you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Loughc wrote: »
    Just back from a trip in London and on the way home I treated myself to a Selfridges Christmas ornament.

Any pics?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

otnomart wrote: »
    Just curious - as am not in Dublin.
    Have these two opened, yet ?

The FAO Schwartz pop up in Arnotts opened yesterday but I don't knwo about Pottery Barn. Is that supposed to be in Arnotts as well?

miamee wrote: »
    The FAO Schwartz pop up in Arnotts opened yesterday but I don't knwo about Pottery Barn. Is that supposed to be in Arnotts as well?

Thanks for that !

Pottery Barn was mentioned in the same announcement back in Spring, also as coming to Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nobody answered my pre-lit tree thread but I went ahead and got it anyway. Also got these gorgeous robins.

The tree is now safely back in its box for a few weeks but I'm delighted with it. When it's properly fluffed and decorated it will be fab and so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Marks and spencer beauty advent calendar is just out... and already purchased by the OH.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Marks and spencer beauty advent calendar is just out... and already purchased by the OH.

And me, I bought the other robins I hadn't bought last week and a new Star for the top of the tree to make up the €30 spend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Our order of books for the kids from Amazon arrived today, pretty much closing off the 'santa presents' now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭tscul32

Qwertee came today, first lot of Amazon order due tomorrow. Have 2 kids birthdays before Christmas too. And the other is 2 weeks after. Lots and lots to get.

If anyone sees a barbie house going cheap, let me know! Eldest has her birthday two days after Christmas & she wants a barbie house. The one she has her eye on is over 200quid, it's not happening.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    If anyone sees a barbie house going cheap, let me know! Eldest has her birthday two days after Christmas & she wants a barbie house. The one she has her eye on is over 200quid, it's not happening.

https://www.adverts.ie/18375531

Any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭pigtail33

CheerLouth wrote: »

More of an apartment, than a house!

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=2009982&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

It's already out of stock in a lot of Argos though. I've been trying to get my hands on one for my niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Got books for everyone, just waiting for the last ones to arrive - then wrap and hide in attic :D

pigtail33 wrote: »
    More of an apartment, than a house!

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=2009982&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

It's already out of stock in a lot of Argos though. I've been trying to get my hands on one for my niece.

Thanks, we were looking at that one but it's out of stock in all the Argos shops near us! Will check out Amazon!

biko wrote: »
    Got books for everyone, just waiting for the last ones to arrive - then wrap and hide in attic :D

The best Christmas presents! I love getting books. Not only 'cause I love to read but also because they wrap up so nicely. No odd shapes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bought this in Woodies for my little boy's room...even though he's not old enough to be sleeping in it yet but, I couldn't resist!! It's a grey and white woodland theme so this fits in perfectly. I'm actually tempted to leave it up all year round:D

Advertisement