Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

I bought microfiber cloths in Penneys today that have santas and reindeer on them.
    And reduced price Lego in Argos. It's a nice feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The winter jacket whih was supposed to be the big present for my mum was delivered but it is not a nice fit, so it was returned and now I am back to the drawing board !
    Don't fell too much pressure though, as we usually don't do Christmas presents as such, but tend to call what we give each other from September onwards as "the Christmas present".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nutcrackers!

njm12kU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just back from Smyths & while obviously not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain that I know what Santy will be delivering on Christmas Eve! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Just back from Smyths & while obviously not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain that I know what Santy will be delivering on Christmas Eve! :D

Think I'm going to try and sneak up tomorrow and get a few Santa presents before the sale is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭DvB

You knows it makes sense!!:D

Such a great feeling to get stuff boxed off nice & early IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    You knows it makes sense!!:D

Such a great feeling to get stuff boxed off nice & early IMO.

It's great - few stocking fillers and we are done! :D Although I'll probably spend the next three months convincing them they want what they are getting :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

First decoration of the season bought , €3 in home savers Limerick

Lindt is launching a milk chocolate Lindor with white chocolate centre for Christmas

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/30/lindt-launching-milk-chocolate-lindor-white-chocolate-centre-christmas-10832003/?ito=cbshare

Marks & Spencer, Lidl and Iceland have revealed their plans for festive bakery products

https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/21904/Christmas_2019:_NPD_from_M_S,_Lidl_and_Morrisons.html

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Lindt is launching a milk chocolate Lindor with white chocolate centre for Christmas

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/30/lindt-launching-milk-chocolate-lindor-white-chocolate-centre-christmas-10832003/?ito=cbshare

Drool! I'm going to need a link for extra stretchy trousers this Christmas! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

otnomart wrote: »

I'm fairly sure they do a mini version of them in there Advent calendar and I like them.
    It's sort of an Lindt Kinder egg.

I'm fairly sure they do a mini version of them in there Advent calendar and I like them.
    It's sort of an Lindt Kinder egg.
    Good to know !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bought my first Christmas present at the weekend :D Now I need to keep up the pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

I've been doing pretty good, picking up things since July in sales etc. T
    Today I picked up Armani blue jeans after shave for my nephew which was half price in boots for €21
    I was thinking of ordering a case of wine for gifts. Anyone do this before, or is it better value to pick up the bottles in the supermarket when they have their specials?

Mars Petcare UK is capitalising on demand for festive pet products for cats and dogs with the return of its Pedigree, Dreamies and Whiskas Stockings

https://www.conveniencestore.co.uk/products/mars-petcare-announces-plans-for-christmas-2019/598064.article

maggz wrote: »
    I was thinking of ordering a case of wine for gifts. Anyone do this before, or is it better value to pick up the bottles in the supermarket when they have their specials?
    I have often bought gift vouchers from big wine shops/chains, as most people have their own and firm preferences about wine, and like to choose.
    (Although I have now decided to stop buying vouchers altogether, as we don't know yet the impact of Brexit on the retail business).
    If you know their preference, I would say: start putting together a case, buying a bottle here and a bottle there, where you see the specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bought this in Heatons

492069.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

^^^^^
    Don’t know why it’s sidewards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

kitten_k wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    Don’t know why it’s sidewards

Itll come around with christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Heatons I used go to have all changed into Sport Direct and this place that sells expensive enough clothes!

I think all the Heatons have gone like that!

Anyone see any Yankee Candle offers?

I think all the Heatons have gone like that!

Anyone see any Yankee Candle offers?

Seems like a good deal

https://www.yankeebundles.com/product/yankee-random-advent/

Thanks! Not mad on the small candles - they are expensive for not a lot of burn time! Am hoping to pick up "The Perfect Tree" one again - it makes my kitchen smell like a real tree and makes my not-so-real tree seem even better :D

Thanks! Not mad on the small candles - they are expensive for not a lot of burn time! Am hoping to pick up "The Perfect Tree" one again - it makes my kitchen smell like a real tree and makes my not-so-real tree seem even better :D

I suppose you are just paying more for the variety if that's your sort of thing, I was always a big fan of Christmas Eve candle if only for the sticker on the front :-)

I had that one last year I think - I loved it too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Today I bought a Christmas wreath, outdoor lights for the bushes on each side of our front door, a garland for the banisters, a Lindt advent calendar, wrapping paper, gift tags and ribbon. I'm getting really excited to decorate now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

I had the cinnamon candle burning last night, always reminds me of Christmas! I need to get a new one as it died at the end of the night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just bought some outside lights on amazon. They are mid size, half the size of a normal light bulb, and connect to my existing ones out the back garden.

• Advertisement

I don't know if I'm attaching this pic right but here goes..

I bought these two fellas in tkmaxx on Sunday. My first Christmas purchase this year. There was similar ones that were coloured and there was slightly bigger ones that held tealights but I liked these plain ones. They're really shiny and I think they'd be nice on our bedside lockers or something.

pwOl0ja.jpg?1

https://ibb.co/HFXLTpz

Advertisement