Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Lessons Dublin 18

• 19-01-2019 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for adult swimming lessons. In my early twenties now and sick of not being able to get myself swimming.
    I've tried a few group lessons before (like 3 lessons max) in the local shoreline but I was too nervous and didn't do much. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Dublin 18 area particularly of a good place to learn? Should I go for one on one lessons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Hi all,
    I'm looking for adult swimming lessons. In my early twenties now and sick of not being able to get myself swimming.
    I've tried a few group lessons before (like 3 lessons max) in the local shoreline but I was too nervous and didn't do much. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Dublin 18 area particularly of a good place to learn? Should I go for one on one lessons?

No quiet Dublin 18. But I went to DLR Loughlinstown swimming pool. It was before Christmas when I went but never had more than three in a class.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Again, not quite Dublin 18, but in Gym Plus in Rathfarnham/Nutgrove they do one to one swimming lessons, so will do lessons to suit individual's age/ability. I think around E25 for half an hour. Great instructors. Both my kids have learned to swim there, and one is doing one to one lessons at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Check out the pool at Newpark School, Newtownpark Ave.
    DLR Loughlinstown or Ballinteer do lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Edgware wrote: »
    Check out the pool at Newpark School, Newtownpark Ave.
    DLR Loughlinstown or Ballinteer do lessons

Westwood on Leopardstown road do adult individual lessons but I’m not sure if you have to be a club member to book them

Advertisement