Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

38kWh Ioniq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

BigAl81 wrote: »
    The last one was 31k on the road.

I'd wager most Ioniqs sold at the scrappage price - €26/27k. Certainly the vast majority in 2017 & 2018.
    It wasn't too badly specked either.

So, unless they introduce a similar scrappage discount, the new Ioniq is, in effect, €10k or €11k more :eek:.
    Approaching €50,000 now before grant/subsidies. Would easily exceed that actually if financing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My cynical guess is that they are factoring in the removal of grants in the not too distant future and to also give themselves the marketing opportunity of a scrappage deal when VW unleash their offering in the latter half of 2020.

When grants are removed they can then simply say we've swallowed the loss of the grant and in the meantime offer scrappage deals without any real loss in margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Just spoke to my dealer, he's saying 37.3k euro after grants!!

Good luck to them!
    Egolf executive edition much nicer option at this price for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Michael Barrable STILL has the new model showing on a carzone and done deal at 31,245 euros.

A mistake?????.

Quite likely.

But that 37 k is also very very silly pricing.

You can have 64 kwh Niro or eSoul for that money.

Niro is a very impressive machine in comparison to the 38 for range.

eSoul also well worth a look.

Even if the 38 charged like a 28 that 37 k would still be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Test drove a 64kwh esoul recently. Prices started at ~36k. Why would anyone buy that ioniq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I was told no scrappage and 6% APR on finance ;(

On the plus side this makes a second hand UK import Model S look like great value ;)

It's not bad at all but not much of an upgrade to be honest, electrically.

And at that price it makes the 44 Kwh BMW i3 look like a bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And at that price it makes the 44 Kwh BMW i3 look like a bargain !

+1

The current model €36k i3, the €29k eGolf and the €61k Tesla Model 3 Performance are the only EVs for sale in this country that are good value for money at the moment imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Test drove a 64kwh esoul recently. Prices started at ~36k. Why would anyone buy that ioniq?

Does it suffer from “Coldgate” like the e-Niro / Kona? Its the new “rapidgate” drama unfolding that could impact ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

never heard of that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

krissovo wrote: »
    Does it suffer from “Coldgate” like the e-Niro / Kona? Its the new “rapidgate” drama unfolding that could impact ownership.

Dunno about the Kona, but the Niro has battery heating/cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

ewj1978 wrote: »

Because if you gave me 38k id not drive that bizarre looking electric shopping trolly on wheels. Its absolutely hideous (IMHO)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Hyundai have had no trouble selling electric Ioniqs -> the issue is supply. There is demand, prices will be high.
    Pricing vs cars in other segments...not as relevant unless you are cross shopping, and are people just out to buy any electric car?

I agree tho if priced like this vs old Ioniq -> very hard to justify not buying a 1/2 year old 28kwh, You will get where you are going faster!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

jusmeig wrote: »
    Hyundai have had no trouble selling electric Ioniqs -> the issue is supply. There is demand, prices will be high.
    Pricing vs cars in other segments...not as relevant unless you are cross shopping, and are people just out to buy any electric car?

I agree tho if priced like this vs old Ioniq -> very hard to justify not buying a 1/2 year old 28kwh, You will get where you are going faster!

I think some are.
    Some just don't have a clue and want to jump on the bandwagon with the promise of cheap fuel, akin to those buying new diesels in 2008 for the cheaper tax.

Leave them at it, a 2nd hand 38kW ioniq in a few years time might have a more just price. Just wish those who buy it would buy the 64kW eNiro instead so I can buy it off them in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Am I reading that right? €37K for a 38kW Ioniq!!!

The mind boggles if that is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If ever something came close to the leaf 2.0 in terms of turd polishing it's this Ioniq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Villain wrote:

Nope you read it wrong, it's 37.3k ha ha ;)

Though that does include metallic paint and delivery for what that's worth!

ELM327 wrote: »
    If ever something came close to the leaf 2.0 in terms of turd polishing it's this Ioniq

You're implying the ioniq 28kW is a turd? And the 38 is just polishing said turd?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

You're implying the ioniq 28kW is a turd? And the 38 is just polishing said turd?

Seems like it,I personally disagree ......strongly
    The new Ioniq however is a masterclass in how to shoot oneself in the foot........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

BigAl81 wrote:
    Mental that it would only be a grand or two less than a 64 kWh Kona!!
    That's a serious bullshít from Hyundai....almost the same price but only 60% of the battery/range. Makes no sense. And if VW cannot get ID3 45kW significantly cheaper, which I think will be no more than 30k after grants, and in good supply, which again I think they will, then Hyundai can go whistle - no supply and overpriced, it won't sell.

Good thing for resale value of the 1st gen Ioniq though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nope you read it wrong, it's 37.3k ha ha ;)

Though that does include metallic paint and delivery for what that's worth!

Haha! Hard to understand the battery size, surely they could have went to 48kW at least.

The pricing is just bizarre though, why would you buy this over a Kona?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Villain wrote: »
    Haha! Hard to understand the battery size, surely they could have went to 48kW at least.

The pricing is just bizarre though, why would you buy this over a Kona?

Bigger car and better spec are all it has going for it over the kona.

No, that the Ioniq 28 is like the Leaf 30, a great car of its time but the succesor shi1ts all over it

No, that the Ioniq 28 is like the Leaf 30, a great car of its time but the succesor shi1ts all over it

Not sure that's what polishing a turd implies, but your message is right.

Not sure that's what polishing a turd implies, but your message is right.
    Ok, so it turns out I may have counted my sour grapes before they hatched in terms of analogies but yes the point that they have taken a brilliant before its time EV and trashed it is essentially the case :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Ok, so it turns out I may have counted my sour grapes before they hatched in terms of analogies but yes the point that they have taken a brilliant before its time EV and trashed it is essentially the case :p:p

It's like a brilliant film, then the sequel is shit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's like a brilliant film, then the sequel is shit :D

Only exception to that is The Godfather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Terminator 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Villain wrote: »

The mind boggles if that is correct.

I believe like the Leaf that the price is deliberately inflated while there is demand and not much stock. I do not see how the new spec should be priced as it is otherwise.

Surprisingly only BMW have kept a static price for the i3 while increasing the spec of the car while efficiencies are found. 20 > 33 > 44 kWh battery is the big one plus some options like pro navigation are now standard. The now standard options would have cost €4000 a couple of years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 paulm123

The new ioniq is 34,850 (before dealer charges delievry and Mettalic )on the hyundai website compared to 32600 for the 40kw leaf similer spec leather seats etc
    ioniq has 312 range compared to 270 so not much in it,

nicer interior bigger screen,

still prefer Kona though won't be switching.

Advertisement