Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

38kWh Ioniq

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Unkel got his for 23k, few others too i believe

Not a hope

Initially when they thought they wouldn’t sell you could get at 26k in the white and what they had in stock, non metallic. This was stock the dealers bought prior to release and was limited

I was offered one at that price.

Once they figured out it was selling that quickly increased....I had same dealer ringing me with a bargain blue one for 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Unkel got his for 23k, few others too i believe

Not quite. I paid €25.4k on the road, including metallic paint which was a €700 or so option. Worked hard for that price. Also got both my annual services for free since then.

Used the scrappage scheme for the family car which literally would have been scrapped a few weeks after I got Ioniq, as its NCT was up and I would not even have put it through the test as I knew it would fail and would need expensive work. So it had zero value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Not quite. I paid €25.4k on the road, including metallic paint which was a €700 or so option. Worked hard for that price. Also got both my annual services for free since then.

Used the scrappage scheme for the family car which literally would have been scrapped a few weeks after I got Ioniq, as its NCT was up and I would not even have put it through the test as I knew it would fail and would need expensive work. So it had zero value

Great deal but you bought when first released? That’s when Hyundai expected to sell hybrids and not bev

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭this.lad

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Great deal but you bought when first released? That’s when Hyundai expected to sell hybrids and not bev

I got my first for 25150 in july 17
    I got my second this year, in july for just under 28.

There was no scrappage this time which would account for maybe another 1k so say 27, also I didn't go white this time so, say, another €750.

By that reckoning it's about 1000 dearer now.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I bought in January 2019 the day after I had a 24h test drive, which was shortly after seeing Nyland's winter test :p

Scrappage was available on all three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I bought in January 2019 the day after I had a 24h test drive, which was shortly after seeing Nyland's winter test :p

Scrappage was available on all three of them.

Ermm... 2017. How time flies eh? :D

Oops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Anyone one got any info on when it's out here?

UK getting delivery next month

https://mobile.hyundai.co.uk/category/upcoming-cars

Bjorn will be testing in few weeks

It might only have 38kWh but it will have range of 50kWh cars at motorway speed, good poor man's Tesla

Haha, even more of a poor man's Tesla than the original was :D Nyland might mention that, looking forward to his test.

This new one charges slower though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If they just put a 64 battery into that, wow, and kept price down a bit.
    I'll be hunting Autotrader next March for used

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Haha, even more of a poor man's Tesla than the original was :D Nyland might mention that, looking forward to his test.

This new one charges slower though...

As long as you leave full, charge speed won't slow you down till after 450/500km

Your starting with 36% more range, Cork - Belfast will require 1 charge vs 2 in Ioniq 28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

As long as you leave full, charge speed won't slow you down till after 450/500km

Your starting with 36% more range, Cork - Belfast will require 1 charge vs 2 in Ioniq 28

Depending on how new Ioniq would charge it may require more time to be spent on chargers with single stop vs two stops. However if extra 10kwh allows to avoid charging midway at all it would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Can the Ioniq 28 do Cork > Belfast in 2 charges? Even the new one would struggle with 2, if it can single charge that would put it in M3 LR territory.

krissovo wrote: »
    Can the Ioniq 28 do Cork > Belfast in 2 charges? Even the new one would struggle with 2, if it can single charge that would put it in M3 LR territory.

If current Ioniq can do 170km on the motorway, new one will do 230km

Cork - Belfast is 415km

1 charge is possible

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Someone did a youtube vid of Cork to Belfast(and further) in the 28kwh before:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Someone did a youtube vid of Cork to Belfast(and further) in the 28kwh before:

He was getting 13kWh/100km on the motorway

New Ioniq will do almost 300km with that efficiency

13 Kwh/100 Km @120 Km/h me arse...... maybe combined by the time he reached his destination after driving slower roads mixed with motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Still hunting for this mythical Cork to Belfast driver. Who are they?

listermint wrote: »

The Person who drives from Cork to Belfast :D

I did it recently, went to see Titanic and Causeway

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

13 Kwh/100 Km @120 Km/h me arse...... maybe combined by the time he reached his destination after driving slower roads mixed with motorway.

It would be an average figure so that's exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

If current Ioniq can do 170km on the motorway, new one will do 230km

Cork - Belfast is 415km

1 charge is possible

No charge needed in the Niro. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

There used to be direct flight so I guess that is popular route.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Last time I went cork Dublin at 120kph it was 13.5 one way 14.6 the other both in the dark and raining

13 Kwh/100 Km @120 Km/h me arse

You won't get 13kWh at 120km/h constant speed (GPS speed) even in perfect circumstances.

But from Cork to Belfast with the prevailing wind in your back, driving at 120km/ indicated where allowed (remember a good bit of this trip will be 100km/h) and there will also be traffic not allowing you to drive at 120km/h at all times, I reckon this could very well have been his average if the trip was in summer (looks like it was, it was posted in July 2017)
    krissovo wrote: »
    Can the Ioniq 28 do Cork > Belfast in 2 charges?

Yes even in winter in bad weather. It's 422km, so if you start full and arrive at charger with 10% left and fast charge up to 94%, it implicates a range of just 157km. If you drove at 100km/h in summer, you could do it with just one charge, if that charger was close enough to the half way mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

The current Ioniq, with two quick charging stops (Ionity) would cover that distance of 422km quicker than the new 38kWh, with a single stop at an Ionity charger.

It's never good IMO when an outgoing model is better than its new replacement. For a BEV - charging speed & range are the two most important criteria.

Outlanders will be charging faster than Ioniqs at rapid chargers :eek:.

Yeah the solution for all EVs is not keep increasing the battery. A small battery is fine if there is charging infrastructure where you can quickly charge. I have no need for anything more than my tiny 28kWh battery as long as I can quickly charge on my way from Dublin to Kerry for my family holiday. And now I can. Stop at Ionity cashel for 20-25 minutes and then drive all the way to Dingle no bother. I need to stop at least once on that journey anyway.

If you don't have home charging or if you do drive cross country on a daily basis, then you need a large battery. For the rest of us, we don't (provided there is public charging)

Yep, I could live with a 44 Kwh i3 if it could charge at 100+ Kw and there were vastly more chargers than available today.

I took the lads to the Zoo today and decided I'd top up at Newlands Cross to save me time sucking free juice at Carlow later but the charger was busy, Zoe charging, Kona and Leaf waiting.

It's beyond a joke !

I took the lads to the Zoo today and decided I'd top up at Newlands Cross to save me time sucking free juice at Carlow later but the charger was busy, Zoe charging, Kona and Leaf waiting.

It's beyond a joke !

Since the old charger over there was replaced by the unreliable Portuguese EFACEC triple head, so CCS cars can charge there too, more often than not do I see 3 cars there than none or 1. Don't ever rely on this one. Possbily almost as bad as the busiest fast charging point in Ireland. My other local FCP, the one in Lucan. Beyond a joke is right.

Hope your sons and yourself enjoyed Dublin Zoo :)

• Advertisement

Hope your sons and yourself enjoyed Dublin Zoo :)

We did thanks, a good day out, well worth the trip. :)

Advertisement