Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

38kWh Ioniq

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not sure if abetterrouteplanner has been updated with the Ioniq 38's charging curve yet.
    Going from my home to Cork, planning to arrive with 10%, the Ioniq 28 takes around 3:05 with a stop in Urlingford.
    the Ioniq 38 takes 2:56 with a stop in Cashel.

Looks like the car isn't even much faster on my journey to Cork :(

Saying that, I'd rather stop in Cashel at Ionity, less likely to be a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I had similar results with a Cork to Belfast route with the model 3 performance & SR + with only something like 20 minutes difference. The LR had a big impact and was 45 minutes faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

krissovo wrote: »
    I had similar results with a Cork to Belfast route with the model 3 performance & SR + with only something like 20 minutes difference. The LR had a big impact and was 45 minutes faster.

In your dreams?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mike9832 wrote: »
    In your dreams?

abetterrouteplanner.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Fyi according to Hyundai Twitter dealers are getting the car on Friday Oct 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Fyi according to Hyundai Twitter dealers are getting the car on Friday Oct 25th

It will probably be one hour delayed due to pathetic DC charging speed

#trolololol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Giving them away already

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great for the used market in 3yrs time, look how all the Leaf24s flooded the market in early 2017 and all used Leaf prices plummeted, plenty on this forum made good hay while that sun shined

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ELM327 wrote: »
    Giving them away already

How does that work? £188 a month for 2 year + an initial payment of £1133. Then after 2 years you either walk away, trade in/up, buy the car outright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's limited to just 8k miles. I'd say in the small print somewhere are atrocious fines for when you exceed this limit.

unkel wrote: »
    That's limited to just 8k miles. I'd say in the small print somewhere are atrocious fines for when you exceed this limit.

Yearh, pretty pathetic. Other options are locked down. Cheap though, if "renting" a car is your thing.

It's a very good deal if you genuinely do less than 8k miles. That said, the finance cost is still twice the cost of the depreciation that I suffered over 2 years in my Ioniq. So they are hardly "giving them away"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's a rental, not finance isn't it? There's no option to ever own the car there that I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is that 8k over the 2 year period or per year ?

Those finance deals always have the per year mileage in them. So no, not 4k miles per year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

8k per year is probably manageable for plenty of people,I probably wouldn't do anymore than that .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I see that the 38kWh Ioniq has arrived at dealers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

I see that the 38kWh Ioniq has arrived at dealers.

What dealer?

zoom_cool wrote: »
    What dealer?

There's a black one in Boland's Waterford. Not registered yet.

• Advertisement

There's a black one in Boland's Waterford. Not registered yet.

Must be waiting for it to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I see that the 38kWh Ioniq has arrived at dealers. :)

Serious question...... Would any Mk1 Ioniq owners “upgrade” to a 38kwh model in its current form?

Is it progress? The Leaf 40 you could argue that rapidgate is a backward step from the 30 but the major facelift alone and increased base range are major positives and give a reason to continue loyalty. Even the 60kw at a unrealistic price point is a step forward.

Serious question...... Would any Mk1 Ioniq owners “upgrade” to a 38kwh model in its current form?

Is it progress? The Leaf 40 you could argue that rapidgate is a backward step from the 30 but the major facelift alone and increased base range are major positives and give a reason to continue loyalty. Even the 60kw at a unrealistic price point is a step forward.

Not I anyways. The increased range is pretty poor, and the charging speeds are a big step backwards. The facelift is meh, and the additional tech isn't enough to make up for its other shortcomings.
    And All for more money, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Nope,pay extra for a less practical but almost identical car .......
    Major own goal.

If I still had the Ioniq, no way would I trade it for the 38kWh. In fact, if I didn't have the need for the big battery for long trips, I would have been happy to stick with the 28kWh Ioniq until the wheels fell off. It's a fantastic car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

...happy to stick with the 28kWh Ioniq until the wheels fell off. It's a fantastic car.

Yep, that's my plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

jprboy wrote: »
    Yep, that's my plan :D

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Went into a dealer today to have a very quick look. (No driving). It's better spec'ed than the previous spec. Specifically it seems much more similar to the premium SE....leather seats, Power driver seat, heated steering wheel, etc. Only obvious difference between it and mine was that it did not have ventilated seats. I asked for price....he initially said 28, told him he was probably wrong, went to talk to someone and came back and said maybe 49 before grants, but that had to be confirmed....he will contact me during the week when head office confirm.... Personally cannot think of any reason to spend more than 29 on it

I asked for price....he initially said 28, told him he was probably wrong, went to talk to someone and came back and said maybe 49 before grants, but that had to be confirmed.

The incompetence of the Hyundai dealers and their staff is staggering.
    I would have been happy to stick with the 28kWh Ioniq until the wheels fell off. It's a fantastic car.

Weirdly I am starting to be a bit inclined that way. I am a BMW (and to a lesser extend Porsche) man. Strange how I ended up with a FWD Korean car. But if I'm honest, Ioniq really is all the family car I need. I have a Porsche sports car but I'm not bothered to drive it anymore much unless I take it for a dedicated drive up the mountains, which I very much enjoy. I came close to buying a Tesla Model S earlier this year. Sweet car, and cool to have, but would it really add value to my daily life and what are the risks with the car being out of warranty? I'm staying on the fence for now. It's not making sense to spend a lot of money for an upgrade that doesn't enhance our life much. Dunno. I guess I'm rambling. My apologies.

• Advertisement

I came close to buying a Tesla Model S earlier this year. Sweet car, and cool to have, but would it really add value to my daily life and what are the risks with the car being out of warranty? I'm staying on the fence for now. It's not making sense to spend a lot of money for an upgrade that doesn't enhance our life much. Dunno. I guess I'm rambling. My apologies.

Just my opinion, but, I was thinking about a 2nd hand model S except that the risks are far too high with no warranty, a failure could cost many thousands to repair and also take months , this would me for me, I would have to rent a car until it was fixed.

The MCU issue is also not something I would want to spend thousands on because Tesla won't fix an issue they are well aware of.

It's an extremely complex car and there is just a very long list of things to go wrong , having all that power would be amazing but not if it ends up breaking costing thousands to repair especially if it costs 40 odd grand to buy.

Advertisement