Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an EIR Number or a scammer?

• 19-01-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi. I’ve had a missed call from 0226376 (not the first time) and a search on Google gave varying redults re scams but some said it was an EIR number. Can you give any info on it please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably the scam doing the rounds at the moment - should you answer it and they say your BB is compromised just hang up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just got same, followed by a call from a Mayo number (094) that the broadband is getting cut off. Presumably not the case.
    More worrying is the fact that the scammer knew the account holders name and asked to speak to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi. I’ve had a missed call from 0226376 (not the first time) and a search on Google gave varying redults re scams but some said it was an EIR number. Can you give any info on it please?
    Hi thedarkroom.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here about this.

This would be a "Phishing Phone Call", we strongly advise not to give anyone your personal information over the phone. 

eir will never contact you asking for your personal information, and I would recommend blocking this number.

We are aware of a series of unsolicited calls claiming to be coming from our eir services teams, and further information on this can be found here.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

flazio wrote: »
    Just got same, followed by a call from a Mayo number (094) that the broadband is getting cut off. Presumably not the case.
    More worrying is the fact that the scammer knew the account holders name and asked to speak to them.
    Probably rang the voicemail first or got it from jobs website etc. 

Advertisement