Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some Zoe questions

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just wait and buy a 2nd hand leaf 60 Kwh , much better car in my opinion.

You can't even buy one of those new until next year. How long do you want him to wait to buy one second hand? :p

unkel wrote: »
    You can't even buy one of those new until next year. How long do you want him to wait to buy one second hand? :p

lol true, he can look at it as more time to save meaning less spent on interest ;)

Even a 2nd hand Kona which would be available sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

True.
    Just thought it might be a cheap option to buy a 22kwh Zoe and then upgrade battery pack, but not at those ridiculous prices!

tom1ie wrote: »
    True.
    Just thought it might be a cheap option to buy a 22kwh Zoe and then upgrade battery pack, but not at those ridiculous prices!

They want to sell new cars not upgrade older ones.

This won't be an issue on 60+ Kwh cars as probably no one will want to upgrade the batteries anyway as they will provide sufficient rage for the life of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

if thats true 100km for the older zoe's thats not bad when you come to think of it - what are we talking about 8grand for 2015 zoe (plus the dreaded battery rental) and if you just wanted a local run-around vehicle 100km on one charge would be grand for most - if a lot of people just stuck with the ethos about electric vehicles, great for town driving and saving pollution and the environment and all the other benefits an electric vehicle brings along with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just wait and buy a 2nd hand leaf 60 Kwh , much better car in my opinion.
    Even with the tesco value battery?

Leaf 60 will be at model 3 money, or more, if US pricing differential (as opposed to direct pricing) is maintained globally. Imagine paying more money to have a Leaf over a model 3?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Even with the tesco value battery?

Leaf 60 will be at model 3 money, or more, if US pricing differential (as opposed to direct pricing) is maintained globally. Imagine paying more money to have a Leaf over a model 3?

Yeah true but we will have to wait and see what the actual Irish prices are for both.

Leaf will be here first I'm sure , the model 3 ? God only knows.

I saw Wiki and there are 3 battery sizes, 50 , 60 and 75 Kwh.

Wiki also noted.

"However, Consumer Reports has revoked the Model 3's recommendation as of February 2019, as "many customers have reported problems with the [car], including loose body trim and glass defects"

I'd imagine getting warranty repairs done being a right pain in the ass.

how does these 'Heat Pump' heating work in these electric cars like the Zoe. Is it like a refrigerator in reverse?

Was reading once where people had problems with the heater not getting hot enough in the Zoe, and it turned out owner error where people where turning on the 'eco' switch and the heater is not so good when that was on , but there was another thing, sometimes the heating/climate control needs resetting , something like with heating up the door mirror temperature sensor with a hair dryer or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Great EV I'm on my second with 5 years free fuel and no road tax, car is paid off and apart from insurance, free motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

reboot wrote: »
    Great EV I'm on my second with 5 years free fuel and no road tax, car is paid off and apart from insurance, free motoring.

What version do you have and can you give me an indication of real world range? Thanks.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    What version do you have and can you give me an indication of real world range? Thanks.

I have the second model they produced, with their own motor. We lost the rapid charge facility, but it was a great deal on the Dynamique, Renault matched the UK gov grant of ,£5k, meaning the car was £10 k off.
    I've enjoyed 6 years free fuel, no road tax, car now paid off, and apart from insurance, free motoring.Downside, 6 years of torture from EcarNI, NIE,, EBG ( Munich), ESB, and incontinent posting by anti Zoe individuals on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Quite interested in the Zoe, lovely looking wee car and my daughters will learn to drive in a few years time :)
    I have the second model they produced, with their own motor. We lost the rapid charge facility, but it was a great deal on the Dynamique, Renault matched the UK gov grant of ,£5k, meaning the car was £10 k off.
    I've enjoyed 6 years free fuel

So you got the R240 motor? I thought that wasn't introduced until late 2015 in RHD? So you have it a bit over 3 years maybe, surely not 6 years?

So the first model had the Q210 motor and could charge at 43kW AC, but the R240 is limited to 22kW AC, or am I getting this wrong?

And your car was always battery owned, not leased? And you bought it new in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Curious about that too..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Something to do, presume Irish owners might need to check too.

https://twitter.com/evopinion/status/1110174268787175424

beauf wrote: »
    Curious about that too..

Sorry I was trying to keep it short, I've had two Zoe's.First car was 2013, it took rapid charge, not a Renault motor.Before the contract ran out , the dealer offered a deal, only lasting for 3 weeks. The UK gov grant of £5 k was matched by Renault, effectively £10 k off the price of the car. That PCP is now paid off, apart from insurance, vertually free motoring, still no ESB charging for charging at 22kva CPs.and no road tax.Hope this EV thing doesn't catch on! Just completed recently software download and ongoing Charging issues will never go away,

You buy in UK or Ireland?

Sorry I was trying to keep it short, I've had two Zoe's.First car was 2013, it took rapid charge, not a Renault motor.Before the contract ran out , the dealer offered a deal, only lasting for 3 weeks. The UK gov grant of £5 k was matched by Renault, effectively £10 k off the price of the car. That PCP is now paid off, apart from insurance, vertually free motoring, still no ESB charging for charging at 22kva CPs.and no road tax.Hope this EV thing doesn't catch on! Just completed recently software download and ongoing Charging issues will never go away,

You must be talking UK, free car tax over there and a price for car tax for electric vehicles in Ireland..... But then you say 'still no ESB charging' which confuses it slightly

I was thinking maybe he got an Irish dealer to match the UK price with grant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You must be talking UK, free car tax over there and a price for car tax for electric vehicles in Ireland..... But then you say 'still no ESB charging' which confuses it slightly

Is public charging via the eCars network up North not free?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

slave1 wrote: »

It is.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »

Maybe it is, but I would have thought you might have to get your ESB card in the republic though with an roi address no. Otherwise norn Irish EV owners would be choosing to charge their vehicles with free ESB chargers instead of the paid private ones up there no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Maybe it is, but I would have thought you might have to get your ESB card in the republic though with an roi address no. Otherwise norn Irish EV owners would be choosing to charge their vehicles with free ESB chargers instead of the paid private ones up there no?

Not to steer this further off topic but they have their own signup - slightly different name though. https://www.ecarni.com/ecar-registration.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's the same north and south, no paid charfging

I mean charging is still free, as pointed out by the Mod.Thanks
    I've just completed the software update as requested by Renault, but probably not worth a thread,,?

Advertisement