Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveymonkey- how does it know you've already reaponded

Options
  • 19-01-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭

Surveymonkey - I was showing someone a survey on chrome browser on android and it said I had already done the survey when I visited the link.

I've cleared history many times since I did the survey so how does it know I did it? I read the default is once per browser so what is stored to allow this check?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Surveymonkey - I was showing someone a survey on chrome browser on android and it said I had already done the survey when I visited the link.

I've cleared history many times since I did the survey so how does it know I did it? I read the default is once per browser so what is stored to allow this check?

If you go incognito you will avoid this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    Cookies

After doing a full delete of browser history etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

After doing a full delete of browser history etc?

Browser history has nothing to do with it. Delete all cookies and clear the cache.

Browser history has nothing to do with it. Delete all cookies and clear the cache.

Sorry that's what I meant. On android deleting browser history includes cookies etc

• Advertisement

Sorry that's what I meant. On android deleting browser history in ludes cookies etc

Solved it. Clear browser/cookies etc was set to last hour rather than "all time "!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cookies

388cedc4-283c-45bb-bcdd-d8efaf79bfa0.png

Advertisement