Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged hardrive

Options
  • 19-01-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi there, looking for advice. My wife dropped the hardrive 5 years of family pics. Brought it to local pc shop they failed to recover data but recommended a company in cork.

Brought it to said company they sent it to Uk and have come back with two quotes saying the head needs to be rebuilt. €3k and €2,850 respectively.

Question one can you trust that it needs this extensive work or are they recovering it locally and charging for a rebuild, and question 2 Is that a reasonable price?

Would there be options to send to India or China or the likes for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Seems very expensive.

I have used this lot (link below) on 4 or 5 occasions (used to have an IT/software company in the UK), and they have always been excellent and good value.

https://www.dq-int.co.uk/data-recovery/cost/

They are also really nice people to talk to, give them a call and explain the situation.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

great thanks will try them, I’m not much for sentimentality but I know it’s driving my wife mad.

Advertisement