Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Magic remote

Options
  • 20-01-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have an LG magic remote for an a 2018 TV? Thinking of getting one but they're about 50 quid so I'm wondering if it's worth getting?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Make sure to check the compatibility, Ours came with our TV and it was accidently dropped in a glass of water so we bought a new one in DID (€35) but it was the wrong version (as there was two at that time) one with a Netflix button and One with a Netflix & Amazon button.

But to answer your question, Yes it is very useful we use the mouse part more than the up/down/left/right arrows especially for Netflix and Rte player etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers yeah I ended up buying the 2018 version. Had difficulty getting thinQ to work with my Google assistant so emailed LG and sure enough it's not supported in this country. Said hopefully get it working later in 2019. What I don't get is why these are even for sale in Irish stores. Dissapointed but not surprised.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Cheers yeah I ended up buying the 2018 version. Had difficulty getting thinQ to work with my Google assistant so emailed LG and sure enough it's not supported in this country. Said hopefully get it working later in 2019. What I don't get is why these are even for sale in Irish stores. Dissapointed but not surprised.
    Bought one lg.tv, wont be doing that again, not impressed with their after sales support.

Is it possible to set it to the UK and then will it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    Is it possible to set it to the UK and then will it work?

I've set the TV up to be in the UK but I cannot figure out how to change the location on the home mini. When I try linking it it says linking and then Nada, back to the start.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement