If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" LED, soundbar system

Options
  • 20-01-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for the following:

55" LED SMART TV
    TV should have bluetooth so I can connect to headphones.

The TV will be on a stand that is 900mm wide, so its feet will have to fit on that.
    Would ideally like a clean looking soundbar to go with it, that would fit on the same stand.
    Saorview ready would be nice too.

If the sound quality of the TV is such that a relatively cheap soundbar would not add much, then I'd just go with the TV alone.

Budget is E1000, but i'd rather be at the E850 mark including ROI delivery.

TV is just really used for SKY, Netflix - not gaming etc.

I also have an old (1994) Arcam amp and Tannoy 6 speakers which I love - with the old banana plug connector - can these be made to work with new TV's?

What do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for the following:

55" LED SMART TV
    TV should have bluetooth so I can connect to headphones.

The TV will be on a stand that is 900mm wide, so its feet will have to fit on that.
    Would ideally like a clean looking soundbar to go with it, that would fit on the same stand.
    Saorview ready would be nice too.

If the sound quality of the TV is such that a relatively cheap soundbar would not add much, then I'd just go with the TV alone.

Budget is E1000, but i'd rather be at the E850 mark including ROI delivery.

TV is just really used for SKY, Netflix - not gaming etc.

I also have an old (1994) Arcam amp and Tannoy 6 speakers which I love - with the old banana plug connector - can these be made to work with new TV's?

What do you think?

Thanks
    Hi 

The lg 55uk6750 should fit the bill for you https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203295-lg-55uk6750pld-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx  It has a central stand rather than the legs at each end so can fit on a smaller cabinet.  It has Saourview and Bluetooth.

For the Soundbar the Yamaha yas207 would be a good match https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

In regards to your amp it depends on the connections it has.  If it has an optical connection then the tv will connect up fine.  If the amp only has phono connections then you will need  a dac to convert the digital signal from the optical from the tv to an analog one.  The CYP DAC would do the job great with out spending a fortune https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12519-cyp-aud3-192-dac.aspx

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks.

Looking at a higher spec LG 55SK8100PLA - is this much of an upgrade, and does the ThinQ remote come with it?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Thanks.

Looking at a higher spec  LG 55SK8100PLA - is this much of an upgrade, and does the ThinQ remote come with it?
    Hi Pickernan.

In my opinion it is an upgrade over 6750 series and it does come with the magic remote included.

The 55Sk8100 is currently priced up at 799 Euro which is cheaper than our £899 sterling price.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12519-cyp-aud3-192-dac.aspx
    Includes delivery and our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.