Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel engines - why did the Government encourage the Irish driving population

Options
13»

Comments

Whilst on holidays in northern Norway they were saying that it is really only possible to use diesel in those very remote harsh regions where fuel insurance is very much required.

Even the extreme winter fuel blend in Norway only goes as low as -35. Petrol is preferred for the coldest climates, I only really see diesel's in the South (Kristiansand & Bergen, I'd say less than 1 in 10 cars in Oslo are diesel).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

"You're posting unsupported nonsense" quoting where I provide 3 separate supporting references. Is there something wrong with you? I can provide another 10 if you'd like though I'm sure you'll read none and pretend they all come from the same mysterious 'body'.

It also is perfectly possible to analyse lifecycle EV impact, saying it isn't doesn't make it true - it just makes you ignorant and makes it clear you've never actually looked into the subject.

You can quote 100 sources for all I care. The fact is that at the end of the day the government's perspective will be driven by revenue generation and just like the diesel circus of the last decade where everyone piled into it for "cheap tax" built on fraudulent claims of benefit by the Greens et al, we will have to wait and watch the EV debate similarly.

By all means buy an EV because you like it or because it performs dynamically better in some way, but something that's aleady built, in use, and kept in service longer, is always cheaper in the long run.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    You can quote 100 sources for all I care. The fact is that at the end of the day the government's perspective will be driven by revenue generation and just like the diesel circus of the last decade where everyone piled into it for "cheap tax" built on fraudulent claims of benefit by the Greens et al, we will have to wait and watch the EV debate similarly.

By all means buy an EV because you like it or because it performs dynamically better in some way, but something that's aleady built, in use, and kept in service longer, is always cheaper in the long run.

You're completely changing your arguments and refusing to even acknowledge that you posted complete nonsense. Any reason you feel the need to be dishonest over something as trivial as cars?

I have no interest in an EV, I drive a couple of thousand km a year and will hold on to my 2.5 v6 until I can no longer find parts for it. Any sort of new car would be utterly wasted on me. That doesn't mean I can't look at things like facts, real-world evidence, peer reviewed studies and whatnot when forming an opinion or making an argument.

Advertisement