Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planned graphics card/monitor upgrades - advice

Options
  • 20-01-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to plan some upgrades this year as it's been some time since anything needed really upgrading.

I have the following setup. The motherboard is MS-7826 (Kaili), Intel Core i7 4770, 16Gb RAM, with Samsung 840 SSD (OS) and 2tb HDD. Now for my kind of thing, development, low volume video processing, strategy gaming, Eve, StarCraft, Battletech, Elite, etc., I think it's fine but the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660) occasionally sounds like the Dyson on full power.

Given there's a 460W PSU, I was looking at a GTX1050 TI 4G as a replacement card as my primary upgrade. Does anyone foresee any problem with this?

I'm also looking to replace the monitors (dual) as the HP23XI's I have are starting to ghost/pixellate (both in the first 5th of the screens). Would the BenQ GL2580H's be a suitable upgrade or can I aim lower?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement