If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch TV

Options
  • 20-01-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Interested in getting a 55in 4k TV. Was looking at a price range of 500-700. Then got tempted into the Samsung Q6 for 1000 but after looking at the TV in stores it doesn't seem to offer much noticeable difference for the money.

So now I'm back to looking at the cheaper models. Want something with low input lag for gaming and has decent software that can play content from an external hard drive.

Also might be interested in getting a sound bar/surround sound system if the price is right. So willing to spend up to 900 or a 1000 if its a quality set up.

Does this mean seem a bit out of reach for the price range? Don't want to throw away 600 quid on a TV for it to be a piece of sh1t.

Am I better off spending the money on a better model and then try add a sound system at a later date?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

clonadlad wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Interested in getting a 55in 4k TV. Was looking at a price range of 500-700. Then got tempted into the Samsung Q6 for 1000 but after looking at the TV in stores it doesn't seem to offer much noticeable difference for the money.

So now I'm back to looking at the cheaper models. Want something with low input lag for gaming and has decent software that can play content from an external hard drive.

Also might be interested in getting a sound bar/surround sound system if the price is right. So willing to spend up to 900 or a 1000 if its a quality set up.

Does this mean seem a bit out of reach for the price range? Don't want to throw away 600 quid on a TV for it to be a piece of sh1t.

Am I better off spending the money on a better model and then try add a sound system at a later date?
    Hi Clonadlad.

Thanks for the post.

You do get what you pay for unfortunately.

If you don't want to break the bank but still get a decent television perhaps the LG 55SK8100 might suit?
    Priced at a cracking 799 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

There is also the 55NU8000 priced at 859 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203203-samsung-ue55nu8000-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

Although I'm surprised you think the Q6 was no different than other LED's at a lesser price. The QLEDS screens are best to OLED in my opinion and are better than a standard LED panel.

If it was me I would go all out for one of the LG OLED's if your are worried about wasting money on a cheaper TV.
    LG 55B8PLA priced at 1299 Euro - 1279 for Boardies. This is the rock bottom price on these but one heck of a deal. Sterling retail in £1194.00
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Hi Clonadlad.

Thanks for the post.

If you don't want to break the bank but still get a decent television perhaps the LG 55SK8100 might suit?
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203203-samsung-ue55nu8000-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

Although I'm surprised you think the Q6 was no different than other LED's at a lesser price. The QLEDS screens are best to OLED in my opinion and are better than a standard LED panel.

If it was me I would go all out for one of the LG OLED's if your are worried about wasting money on a cheaper TV.
    LG 55B8PLA priced at 1299 Euro - 1279 for Boardies. This is the rock bottom price on these but one heck of a deal. Sterling retail in £1194.00
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Thanks for your help. The OLEDs are absolutely stunning but can't justify it. Might get a cheaper model to tie me over until they get a bit cheaper in a few years.

What would you suggest around the 600 mark? Any that stand out at this price?

Hi Clonadlad.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for your help. The OLEDs are absolutely stunning but can't justify it. Might get a cheaper model to tie me over until they get a bit cheaper in a few years.

What would you suggest around the 600 mark? Any that stand out at this price?
    Hi Clonadlad,

Around the 600 euro mark for a 55" TV I would recommend the Philips 55PUS6703 at 629 euro which has a micro dimming panel. The smart features would not be as good as some of the competitors but the panel has the best brightness and colour in that price range.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Clonadlad,

Around the 600 euro mark for a 55" TV I would recommend the Philips 55PUS6703 at 629 euro which has a micro dimming panel. The smart features would not be as good as some of the competitors but the panel has the best brightness and colour in that price range.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Reviews of the TV look pretty good so might go with that one. Smart features aren't the best but will have an xbox one plugged in so doesn't really matter I suppose.

The UK price is 489 sterling at the moment which works out about 560 euro. Can I buy with a Revolut card and get delivery to Ireland for that price?

Also moving to a new apartment this weekend and have to see if the TV will fit before i buy.

Hi Clonadlad,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. Reviews of the TV look pretty good so might go with that one. Smart features aren't the best but will have an xbox one plugged in so doesn't really matter I suppose.

The UK price is 489 sterling at the moment which works out about 560 euro. Can I buy with a Revolut card and get delivery to Ireland for that price?

Also moving to a new apartment this weekend and have to see if the TV will fit before i buy.
    Hi Clonadlad.

No problem paying the sterling price of £479 + £6.99 shipping and letting your bank do the currency exchange.

Hopefully there should be no issues using the revolt card as there have been a few hicks ups previously while processing sales to them but we can cross that bridge when we come to it :)

Let us know once you are measured up to see if it fits.

• Advertisement

Hi Clonadlad.

No problem paying the sterling price of £479 + £6.99 shipping and letting your bank do the currency exchange.

Hopefully there should be no issues using the revolt card as there have been a few hicks ups previously while processing sales to them but we can cross that bridge when we come to it :)

Hi again, was nearly tempted into blowing a paycheck on an OLED but can't justify it.

Been looking at the hisense the past few days and like the look of the 55u7a. It's 549 pounds on the UK site but there's viscous rumours going around on a similar UK website to this one, that there's currently 50 pounds off anything over 500? If there is, I'd snap this up at 499 pounds with the revolut card.

Let me know what you can do.

Hi Clonadlad.

Hi again, was nearly tempted into blowing a paycheck on an OLED but can't justify it.

Been looking at the hisense the past few days and like the look of the 55u7a. It's 549 pounds on the UK site but there's viscous rumours going around on a similar UK website to this one, that there's currently 50 pounds off anything over 500? If there is, I'd snap this up at 499 pounds with the revolut card.

Let me know what you can do.
    Hi Clonadlad.

There had been a snow day deal running last week for a day or two but there is no £50 off anything over £500 running at the minute that I am aware of.

There are currently no voucher codes running on the 55U7a.
    The 55U7A is also listed as an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203258-hisense-55u7a-55-local-dimming-hdr-plus-led.aspx

Hi Clonadlad.

There had been a snow day deal running last week for a day or two but there is no £50 off anything over £500 running at the minute that I am aware of.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203258-hisense-55u7a-55-local-dimming-hdr-plus-led.aspx

Cheers Kenny. I'll mill over and let you know next week.

Hi Clonadlad.

Cheers Kenny. I'll mill over and let you know next week.
    No problem at all Clonadlad.

Have a great weekend :)

Back again. Sickened the 55U7A can't be delivered. Definitely nothing you can do for a boardsie?

If not, I've my eye on the Samsung UE55NU7400. Can you confirm if the ones ye have in stock will have a VA panel? Lots of talk about them shipping with IPS panels. It's 549 on the UK website with the TV30 code. Would I be able to get it for that price?

Let us know what you can do.

• Advertisement

Back again. Sickened the 55U7A can't be delivered. Definitely nothing you can do for a boardsie?

If not, I've my eye on the Samsung UE55NU7400. Can you confirm if the ones ye have in stock will have a VA panel? Lots of talk about them shipping with IPS panels. It's 549 on the UK website with the TV30 code. Would I be able to get it for that price?

Let us know what you can do.
    Hi Clonadlad.

Unfortunately there is no way around not being able to ship the 55U7A. We do try our best to bend the rules for boardies where possible but this is one that it's not possible to do with. Sorry.

The 55NU7400 is priced at £579 and the TV30 code is still valid.
    This would make it £549 including our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

I don't think I have anyway of checking the panel as our televisions are shipped from our main warehouse in Manchester. 
    At this point they have over 300 of these televisions so checking them is not really an option I'm afraid.

Hi Clonadlad.

Unfortunately there is no way around not being able to ship the 55U7A. We do try our best to bend the rules for boardies where possible but this is one that it's not possible to do with. Sorry.

I don't think I have anyway of checking the panel as our televisions are shipped from our main warehouse in Manchester. 
    At this point they have over 300 of these televisions so checking them is not really an option I'm afraid.

That's fair enough. If I was to buy and find upon delivery that it's an IPS panel can I return for a full refund? Or what's your policy.

Don't think I'd stick with it unless it's a VA panel. Chances are it is a VA because its a 55 inch but willing to take the gamble if its a full refund.

Hi Clonadlad.

That's fair enough. If I was to buy and find upon delivery that it's an IPS panel can I return for a full refund? Or what's your policy.

Don't think I'd stick with it unless it's a VA panel. Chances are it is a VA because its a 55 inch but willing to take the gamble if its a full refund.
    Hi Clonadlad.

Due to distance selling act you would 14 days to return it back to us (At your own expense) fully re-boxed with all accessories. Once the TV is returned and checked we can issue a full refund.

Returns policy:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-returns.aspx

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

UE43NU7400 is IPS or VA

UE50NU7400 is VA

UE55NU7400 is a VA Panel:
    https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/9eb9125d

UE65NU7400 is VA

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

UE43NU7400 is IPS or VA

UE50NU7400 is VA

UE65NU7400 is VA

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers for the heads up John. Didn't realise it was definitely a VA panel at 55inch. Will take that so today for 549 sterling plus delivery. Can one of you PM me to finalise this over the phone when ye get a chance?

UE43NU7400 is IPS or VA

UE50NU7400 is VA

UE65NU7400 is VA

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers for the heads up John. Didn't realise it was definitely a VA panel at 55inch. Will take that so today for 549 sterling plus delivery. Can one of you PM me to finalise this over the phone when ye get a chance?
    Hi Clonadlad.

If you drop me your contact in a PM we can give you a buzz to tie things up.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

UE43NU7400 is IPS or VA

UE50NU7400 is VA

UE65NU7400 is VA

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Clonadlad,

thanks for that - if you order online in Euro and use the Boardie code ' GDRSTV20€ ' at checkout you will get free delivery and an additional €20 off - that's only available online!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Clonadlad,

thanks for that - if you order online in Euro and use the Boardie code ' GDRSTV20€ ' at checkout you will get free delivery and an additional €20 off - that's only available online!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for that John.

Was looking to buy in sterling. Code TV30 will let me get it for 549 plus shipping which will work out about 620/630 euro if that's OK?

Clonadlad,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for that John.

Was looking to buy in sterling. Code TV30 will let me get it for 549 plus shipping which will work out about 620/630 euro if that's OK?
    Hi Clonadlad.

No problem paying in sterling at all.

The TV30 codes does seem to be active on our .ie site so if you want to drop me your contact number in a PM we can call you for the order at the discounted price.

Or if you order at full price on our .ie website I can refund back the £30 to you.

Hi Clonadlad.

The TV30 codes does seem to be active on our .ie site so if you want to drop me your contact number in a PM we can call you for the order at the discounted price.

Or if you order at full price on our .ie website I can refund back the £30 to you.
    Thanks John. I sent you a pm there earlier.

• Advertisement

Hi Clonadlad.

Thanks John. I sent you a pm there earlier.
    Cheers Clonadlad.

We will call you ASAP.

Cheers Clonadlad.

We will call you ASAP.

Just tried buying online with a Revolut card and it hasn't gone through. Revolut said they haven't had any declined payments. Is there any issues on your side?
    Was chatting to your colleague on Friday who gave me a code to get 30 pounds off the Irish site but it hasn't worked.
    I just tried to buy it there and then work out the 30 pound refund after. Let me know what you can do thanks!
    Hi Clonadlad.

We have had a lot of orders in over night and through out the day so no issues at our end unfortunately.

At what part of the order is it failing on? If all sections including CVV number and 3D secure/verified by Visa are not completed then its possible it will decline.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.