Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving area and schools

Options
  • 20-01-2019 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Moving from north county Dublin to South Dublin. But whilst we are out of our house next week we have only just gone sale agreed on another.

My son is 6 and I'd like to move him before end of school year. Do schools look for proof of address? We will be living with parents about 20km from New area so how do people get around this.?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Schools don't share the same policies. You may need to call them to ask about it. Surely the solicitor you have can do up a letter or something, about the sale in progress on the new house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Ring the schools you are interested in. First thing is to find out if any of them have space - you might find some don’t. Any that have space then explain the situation to them. I’m sure as the last poster said you could provide some kind of solicitor details etc.

Advertisement