Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most racist thing you’ve done,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I'm so racist that I cross the road to avoid other races, even when driving and I'm so homophobic I eat bananas with a knife and fork.
    Yesiree, I'm quite the catch, if I do say so myself. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I had pizza earlier, therefore culturally appropriated Italian people.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

I was burning off some old shrubs and some trees I cut down, the white hood is for health and safety reasons, some might call it racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I ate a gollybar once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I always scramble to put on my seat belt really quickly if the taxi driver is black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was in Scotland with work recently. Got a taxi from the airport and one of the lads jumped in the front seat. En route from the airport we passed Wong's Chinese restaurant. Your man in the front says "you'd be waiting a wong time in there for a curry".... delighted with himself he looks over at the taxi driver....who was Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

This one time I was at home with a friend and there was a lampshade lying around, so I told him to look at me, then put the lampshade on my head and did a cliche sort of racist impression of a China man.

Turned around and there's only a family of Asians looking in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

greencap wrote: »
    This one time I was at home with a friend and there was a lampshade lying around, so I told him to look at me, then put the lampshade on my head and did a cliche sort of racist impression of a China man.

Turned around and there's only a family of Asians looking in the window.

I hear you’re a racist now, Father

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

6541 wrote: »
    In an Irish bar in Sydney, Salvation Army came in looking for money. I was drunk, I called them English protestants etc. Didn't give them any money, they left the bar. I am not very proud of my stupid racist actions. I am now older and more mature....

In fairness, they were protestants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I only eat black wine gums, I fully segregate them from the packet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I am unable to sing "eenie meenie miney moe" without using the N word.

Apparently it's meant to be 'Tiger' in these enlightened days but old habits die hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

I called a black man a ni**er to his face once.

In my defence, he called me a white snowball c*nt first. When I called him a ni**er, he called me a racist, until I pointed out he was the first one to call somebody by a racist insult, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and that if he didn't want to be insulted about his skin colour then he shouldn't insult people about theirs. To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other, though in the end we both apologized.

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I don't like the ideology of Islam, apparently that makes me racist.

randd1 wrote: »
    I called a black man a ni**er to his face once.

In my defence, he called me a white snowball c*nt first. When I called him a ni**er, he called me a racist, until I pointed out....blah, blah, blah

There is no defence.

I think he stopped short anyway.

Casually throwing in 'N*****' into an argument with a black person is a whole other level of C*** than white snowball.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I usually fish for sea trout, the old boys call them "white trout" they fight stronger than the brown trout and are more aerobatic during a struggle.

So I suppose that's discrimination and racism and torture all in one.

Nothing like a seatrout "white trout"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

Was about 8 or 9 visited Canadas Capital Ottawa folks send me up to stand next to one of queens guards witht the big bear hats, i stand next to him look up and shout to them I dont want a black one, exit stage left pronto

dont think dad got the pic either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Be born apparently.

White, Male, Straight, South African, Privileged. Just the absolute worst!

:pac:

JayZeus wrote: »
    There is no defence.

Casually throwing in 'N*****' into an argument with a black person is a whole other level of C*** than white snowball.

No, it's not. Racism is racism, whether a black man or a white man or whoever saying it. I don't doubt in the slightest it was a racist comment on my part, but it was no different to him saying one to me. If you're going to dish it out, expect to get it back, and don't whinge if you do.

And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My favourite toy when I was small was a golliwog.

My parents took him off me because they were afraid to be seen as racist. When I was looking everywhere for him, bawling crying, they told me he was gone to jail and I'd never see him again.

Basically sentencing him to life imprisonment just because he was black. :(

....And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

'I'm not racist, but...'
    ...To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other....

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him

You got angry and called a black man a N****r, after he called you some generic made up name.

You weren't trying to equalise things and show him the error of his ways. You gave a full on racist response, in anger. Don't try to dress it up as something else now.

Your knee jerk reaction to a conflict with a black man was to call him a N****r. That's pretty awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I say all the lyrics to rap songs ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There is no defence.

:rolleyes:
    Personally, I like the insult of "pigskin". A nice little nod to the fact that we're called "long pigs" by cannibalistic tribes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

....And I honestly couldn't care less about his skin colour, I was simply making a point to him.

'I'm not racist, but...'
    ...To be honest, I think we were both as angry as each other....

He turned out to be decent lad afterwards, had the odd drink over the years with him

You got angry and called a black man a N****r, after he called you some generic made up name.

Your knee jerk reaction to a conflict with a black man was to call him a N****r. That's pretty awful stuff.

Stop trying to be such a White Knight..the black man was perfectly able to defend himself without you sticking up for him.

My favourite toy when I was small was a golliwog.

My parents took him off me because they were afraid to be seen as racist. When I was looking everywhere for him, bawling crying, they told me he was gone to jail and I'd never see him again.

Basically sentencing him to life imprisonment just because he was black. :(

I loved my Golly too, never associated it with representing a human being, but another form of dressed teddy bear. My mother had a “Ni**er Doll” in early 1920s, adored it. It was her parents way then of educating her that there were people of different outward appearance in the world. The N word only got bad connotations when used in derisory speech, to people like my grandparents it was simply the word for Black African derived ethnicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Basically being born if you follow on the rest of my life :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I once told a man he had got preferential treatment because of his skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

There is no defence.

No it’s not

Both equally racist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Called a black man a ñigger in London one time, he had called me an Irish cnut and mentioned something about potatoes. The funny thing was the look of shock on his face after I called him a ñigger , like I had crossed some line or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Reared a German Shepherd that disliked anyone of colour.

Not intentionally.

'I'm not racist, but...'

You weren't trying to equalise things and show him the error of his ways. You gave a full on racist response, in anger. Don't try to dress it up as something else now.

We both threw out racist comments. One is not worse than the other, both were deplorable.

And it was not a knee jerk reaction either, I called it to him purely because he threw a racist slur at me. As I said what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

As for being a racist, I'm not. Racism is the belief of the superiority of one race over another. I believe no such thing, given the utter stupidity of such a belief. The thing that makes us look different, our genetics, is simply virtually indistinguishable as a species.

As I said, I was purely making a point with respect to using skin colour to insult someone.

And I did mention I had the occasional drink with him afterwards, and that he turned out to be a decent lad.

But if it's much easier for you to simply scream racism, then you go right ahead dear, make yourself feel good about it, and I'll try not to not lose too much sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Finding Family Guy's black jokes really funny, like "Black Jesus":

Not overly racist I guess, more making fun of 70s "blaxploitation" movies. It's usually ironic humour more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Humphrey BoaGart

Voted for Peter Casey ;)

Jumps through window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

I once threw a black man in the air and he landed on some curry chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

I once attended a lynching in the deep south. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Never really understood the concept of racism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's not, really. It just causing the maximum amount of insult with the minimum amount of effort, that is, efficiency. But no different from any kind of insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ArrBee

'I'm not racist, but...'

So if he'd of use "8 ball" instead, that'd be ok with you?

Judging by the PMs I got it seems the two most racist things I ever did were 1) Allow my daughter to darken her skin artificially while dressing up as Moana and 2) Saying openly on a thread on the topic that I have never been - and therefore never expect to be - sexually attracted to a woman of color or Asian women.

No one has ever explained to me why either of them are racist but man I got some kick back from both.
    Finding Family Guy's black jokes really funny, like "Black Jesus":

I am not a gamer myself but I read somewhere that the new South Park Game has a difficultly bar you can set to make the game easier or more difficult.

Apparently the only effect it has is that the more difficult you set it - the more black your character gets.

Never been into South Park too much - but that just tickled me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Saying openly on a thread on the topic that I have never been - and therefore never expect to be - sexually attracted to a woman of colon

I don't like them either - they're shíte :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am not a gamer myself but I read somewhere that the new South Park Game has a difficultly bar you can set to make the game easier or more difficult.

Apparently the only effect it has is that the more difficult you set it - the more black your character gets.

Never been into South Park too much - but that just tickled me.

There's also a mission or item later in the game that you can only access if your character is black because Morgan Freeman wont give you the mission if you're white.

Gravelly wrote: »
    I don't like them either - they're shíte :D

Eeeeep fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Went to Germany for the summer after i finished the leaving cert. I started working in a factory one Monday morning after a hectic weekends clubbing. There was a lad assigned to train me up, A while later i noticed him in the corner on the ground rocking forward and back.
    This guys having an epilectic fit says i, i remembered vaguely hearing something about they can bite on their tongue so its best to try n prevent it. I start putting my hand in his mouth to get his tongue , yer man stops rocking n looks like hes gonna kill me.

He was on his prayer mat, facing mecca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Last summer I was wandering down the cul de sac on my way home from work. There were 2 young lads maybe 13 or 14 thumping the head off each other, both happened to be black. I recognised one as a lad that lives on our street. The other didn't but had been causing a lot of trouble on the street over the summer holidays. I went over and dragged one lad off the other and told them to act their age, there were other younger kids around and there was no need for this nonsense. The one that didn't live on our street started effing and blinding at me so I turned around and said why don't you just go home and stop causing trouble. He got on his bike and cycled off......

That evening my wife was on the street's facebook page and said I was being branded a racist for telling a black kid to "go home". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Called someone a Paki on LiveLine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Apparantly when I was about 3 years old I was walking with my mother when a black guy came towards us. I pointed at him and asked good ol' mummy "what's that?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I nearly sat on a black lad in the cinema. True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    i ate all the black ones out of the jellybaby bag .

A modern day Oscar Schindler

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Stated that African countries have a far inferior average IQ compared to the west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

I nearly sat on a black lad in the cinema. True story.

Film Noir?

Is this thread in honor of MLK day?

Because it's not quite working out if so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement