Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calls for Graham Linehan to be removed from Prime Debate on transgender issues!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Typical reaction from the liberal left, if they don't like an opinion instead of debating the issue with them just try and get the person removed form the programme.

Once again - it's not about 'not liking the opinion' - it is about the danger of bringing in a comedy writer to speak about a sensitive issue in which he has no expertise or experience.

There has only been like 10 sex changes per year over the last 6 years making the pool of people "experts" extremely limited what you suggest isn't being realistic sounds like you want to find someone who did their thesis on transgenders.
    In fairness, Prime Time managed to find a fair selection of experts, some medical and some others, and a few people with direct experience - along with the comedy writer.

This is laughable seriously all you've shown here is a complete lack of understanding of censorship not only that your understanding of insane seems well out of sync.

You seem to be of the opinion that having him censored on RTE is in fact not censoring because there's Twitter,video and article publishing available? Good man yourself!

Hasn't the 'good man' thing got a little old now? Anyway, can I complain to Prime Time now about how they censored me by not having me on the show? Because that's what they did by not sharing my opinions with the national audience, right?
    You have a very simplistic grasp of the issues and indeed the consequences

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/15/call-lian-child-killer-ian-huntley-has-told-inmates-call-feminine/
    Has this any relevance for Ireland?
    People complain saying Graham Lenihan has no expertise on the topic so therefore should not have an opinion.

They will be interviewing trans people. What qualified expertise do they have?

If you get treatment for a heart condition, like a coronary artery bypass, do you become a qualified surgeon?
    The trans people involve have direct experience of the matter. Linehan is welcome to have his opinion - he's not welcome to broadcast it in serious news show, where they have a duty to be fair and accurate.
    My mental health health is being damaged by transgender community. They want to force onto me that I'm supposed to identify them as a gender of their choosing.

Also didn't you get the memo, gender dysphoria is not a mental health issue. Can some leftist moderator please ban this offensive ignorant poster please.
    It's awful, isn't it? Imagine being expected not to be rude and offensive to people. Must be so hard.
    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's not "might" though, it's that many people have and will take advantage. It's what predators do, look for weaknesses and loopholes to exploit . It would be nice to spare a thought for the people who may be effected by such laws, especially vulnerable people such as children, prisoners or abuse victims. There has to be a better solution that will accommodate everyone.

Wanting to talk about these things and discuss issues that have arisen as a result is not hate.
    'many people have and will taken advantage' - we have a tiny number of cases arising internationally, which make up a tiny, tiny percentage of sexual assaults on women by men - but it's getting an awful lot of attention round here. What is the obsession on this tiny issue all about?

Uncharted wrote: »
    That's neither here nor there. That person is an adult. The key word being ADULT. Free to do as they wish and the best of luck to them.

My issue is kids having gender reassignment.
    That's just absolutely crazy.

You realise that NOT providing appropriate support for children can, in some cases, cause extreme pain, and can result in deaths by suicide.
    Trying to explain all this to the parents is most amusing.

“And what the feck is a non-binary?”
    Did they not listen to the fairly clear explanation given on the show?
    statesaver wrote: »
    Autism, there ya go
    What do you mean?
    This is off the wall stuff try and help fix their minds first before they mess with their bodies permanently
    You seem to have missed the key issue about why their minds are (to use your term) messed up.
    James1888 wrote: »
    Good people, please have a look and see what is happening in America with children being allowed to transition. Please check out this poor boy on youtube called desmondisamazing and look at what happens when you do this to children. This young boy is being paraded round gay bars doing dragshows with grown middle age men throwing dollars at him, and also the people that are behind these henous thing, 1 man being Michael alig a convicted murderer that interviews these poor children. There is people behind this agenda that have sinister motives for their personal fetish. I have no problem with gay people or transgender people, but I believe that men and women girls and boys should not be allowed to transition until there 25 until there brains are fully devolopers.
    And again, we have very unusual, extreme cases of no relevance to the Irish scenario being dragged in to justify causing extreme pain by witholding support and treatment, contrary to every bit of professional advice from every expert in the field.
    Maybe they would have. But fewer women's prisons have facilities for particularly violent or dangerous offenders. I'd imagine women would be more at risk though, perhaps in different ways. they aren't going to get fellow inmates pregnant in a men's prison are they?
    The prison issue is a non-issue in Ireland, following the statement from the Irish Prison service quoted in the show.
    Eh...surely even one case is too many? (And I've heard of at least 3 and another in Scotland where female prison guards were forced to do strip searches on a male who identifies as a woman) Women in prison should not be locked up with a male who has convictions for raping and assaulting women, or any male for that matter. I've yet to hear of a trans man demanding to be housed in a male prison, I wonder why that is?
    So the 'one case is too many' logic applies to the plumber in Texas too, right? We need new laws to protect women against plumbers, presumably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The person with the dog(who was born female), couldn’t really have imagined them as a female; they looked happy out.

There are genuine cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Only in the 'progressive' west do liberals demand that men be allowed into women's spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Luke Ripe Ginseng

That’s sad. Not on Twitter myself but I’d imagine all 62 of them are outraged :pac:

Colm o Gorman is having his meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 ceebee1981

No but it allows people to challenge why they might be in facilities of the wrong gender or make them think twice about taking the chance. In the UK most sexual assaults in facilities like that take place in unisex ones. It's all about opportunity

Where are you pulling that statistic from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Yer man with his gender non-binary, annoys the ****e out of me pick one or the other.

It definitely looks like the big fear from the trans group are actually the current medical professionals and the gatekeeping of psychiatrists.

I wonder what proposals the current government have planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Calhoun wrote: »
    Yer man with his gender non-binary, annoys the ****e out of me pick one or the other.

I have no issue with and respect transgender people. It's entirely possible that they could have been born in the wrong body, in my mind but this non-binary stuff is a step too far for me.

According to RTE 50 or so losers were protesting outside the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

People protesting against Graham Linehan appearing, but they have no problem with the doctor from the Tavistock institute appearing. He earns his living transitioning people, including kids against other medical advice. But Graham Linehan is the dodgy contributor!

People need to cop on here and look at the cause they are blindly supporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

So the 'one case is too many' logic applies to the plumber in Texas too, right? We need new laws to protect women against plumbers, presumably?

Jaysus you really have it in for the poor ould plumbers ya big plumberist ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dxi7C0DWoAATutn?format=jpg&name=large

Why do we not let someone vote until they are 18 yet are facilitating these life changing decisions by those under 18?
    Probably because of the immense pain involved in not doing anything until someone reaches an arbitrary age.

I might have misunderstood the mother from Wexford but she said something along the lines of she asked her kid was he gay around the end of primary school because he was a little different.
    I was a little different and had lots of different likes/interests at that age compared to my peers but my mother never asked me was I gay.
    Do you think maybe that you were different in a different way to the Wexford lad was different?
    Indeed, but I dont want to be sitting here in a decade or two with a primetime special on, with women / men asking why was I allowed remove my perfectly healthy reproductive organs? and Im now on medicine for life?
    How about the 2050 Prime Time special with teens who continued to be bullied and abused because they weren't able to live the life they choose?

Heather making very good point about the changing rooms. Kinda scary actually.
    But funny how these 'scary' situations haven't come up here in the two years since self-identification became legal here - you'd almost have to think that maybe somebody was stirring it up.
    That’s it ? Why the fúck were people saying, shouting, screaming that Greham Linehan get kicked off the show ? The man spoke sense.
    'sense' as in comparing transgender kids to people with bulemia?
    sabat wrote: »
    "under new proposals?"
    Where are these coming from? Very mysterious that they didn't even mention it. I'm going to guess it's originating from the 'Zappone Complex' but they don't want to put a name to it yet-hence this kite flying exercise.
    You need to keep guessing.
    That's how censorship works, he has been judges to have wrong think on this subject so has to be shut down.
    Though interestingly enough, there was no shut down - and even if he hadn't been on Prime Time, he still wouldn't have been shut down.
    No but it allows people to challenge why they might be in facilities of the wrong gender or make them think twice about taking the chance. In the UK most sexual assaults in facilities like that take place in unisex ones. It's all about opportunity
    People can challenge anyone causing danger anytime, in Ireland or the UK. Or they can withdraw from a situation that they're not comfortable with.

And none of those issues have arisen in the two years since self-identification here?
    That guy at the end who wanted to do a survey of people who regretted going down this road and the college warned him off

Sinister times we live in
    If you know anything about how research ethics committees work, it's not sinister at all. It would be really interesting to hear the college's side of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Once again - it's not about 'not liking the opinion' - it is about the danger of bringing in a comedy writer to speak about a sensitive issue in which he has no expertise or experience.

In fairness, Prime Time managed to find a fair selection of experts, some medical and some others, and a few people with direct experience - along with the comedy writer.

Hasn't the 'good man' thing got a little old now? Anyway, can I complain to Prime Time now about how they censored me by not having me on the show? Because that's what they did by not sharing my opinions with the national audience, right?

Has this any relevance for Ireland?

The trans people involve have direct experience of the matter. Linehan is welcome to have his opinion - he's not welcome to broadcast it in serious news show, where they have a duty to be fair and accurate.

It's awful, isn't it? Imagine being expected not to be rude and offensive to people. Must be so hard.

'many people have and will taken advantage' - we have a tiny number of cases arising internationally, which make up a tiny, tiny percentage of sexual assaults on women by men - but it's getting an awful lot of attention round here. What is the obsession on this tiny issue all about?

You realise that NOT providing appropriate support for children can, in some cases, cause extreme pain, and can result in deaths by suicide.

Did they not listen to the fairly clear explanation given on the show?

What do you mean?

You seem to have missed the key issue about why their minds are (to use your term) messed up.

And again, we have very unusual, extreme cases of no relevance to the Irish scenario being dragged in to justify causing extreme pain by witholding support and treatment, contrary to every bit of professional advice from every expert in the field.

The prison issue is a non-issue in Ireland, following the statement from the Irish Prison service quoted in the show.

A lot of the kids who have gender dysphoria have autism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

satstheway wrote: »
    Teen years are bad enough (image and all) and then one day a parent asks you ARE YOU GAY.
    FFS. Why not hand them a rope.
    What the hell is wrong with a parent/parents asking there child are they gay? My parents asked me when I was 18, hand them a rope!?! What are you on about.

I have no issue with anyone who is an adult living their lives in whatever gender they see fit.

I as a gay man find it difficult to get my head around the whole gender fluid, genderless area, but hey that's my issue not theres.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Colm o Gorman is having his meltdown.

Along with Una Mullally, Ruth Coppinger, Donal O’Keeffe, Jennifer whateverhernameis.

Fun times

Do you think maybe that you were different in a different way to the Wexford lad was different?
    /quote]

I'd have being considered very different to the norm when I was in 6th class for a teenage lad.
    The programs I'd have liked may for being considered a bit feminine and I wasn't sporty but none of my family every questioned this. They just took it I was that way.

satstheway wrote: »
    Teen years are bad enough (image and all) and then one day a parent asks you ARE YOU GAY.
    FFS. Why not hand them a rope.
    Why would a parent not have an open conversation with their child?

conorhal wrote: »
    Could this new clinical growth industry, which is drenched in activist raised money, also partly explain the sudden growth in diagnoses?
    Tell us more about this 'industry' please? There was one clinic mentioned in the show - is there a whole industry here that we're not aware of? And where is all this drenching money coming from and going to - some specifics would be great?

Something very Stasi like with trying to shut down the debate. Get people not to watch Primetime and protests outside by LabourYouth.

Regardless of your opinion it is an issue that has the right to be donated and people want and need to be informed.
    Wouldn't it be great to be informed by people who have experience or expertise, as opposed to comedy writers?
    Berserker wrote: »
    I have no issue with and respect transgender people. It's entirely possible that they could have been born in the wrong body, in my mind but this non-binary stuff is a step too far for me.

These are really strange reactions - why do you need to force other people to conform with your conventions? Why do you give a toss about what they do?

Dante7 wrote: »
    People protesting against Graham Linehan appearing, but they have no problem with the doctor from the Tavistock institute appearing. He earns his living transitioning people, including kids against other medical advice. But Graham Linehan is the dodgy contributor!

People need to cop on here and look at the cause they are blindly supporting.
    I'm not sure that you listened closely. There is no-one transitioning kids against medical advice.
    Gravelly wrote: »
    Jaysus you really have it in for the poor ould plumbers ya big plumberist ya.
    My irony meter just exploded.

Why would that annoy you? Maybe the issue is yours not theirs? Who the hell cares what way an adult wants to live their life, what business is it of yours? What harm are they doing to you?

A lot of the kids who have gender dysphoria have autism
    So what? What is the significance of this for you?

I'd have being considered very different to the norm when I was in 6th class for a teenage lad.
    The programs I'd have liked may for being considered a bit feminine and I wasn't sporty but none of my family every questioned this. They just took it I was that way.
    So do you think maybe that you were different in a different way to the Wexford lad was different?

gmisk wrote: »
    Why would that annoy you? Maybe the issue is yours not theirs? Who the hell cares what way an adult wants to live their life, what business is it of yours? What harm are they doing to you?

Well they want to target kids as young as 12 with some fairly ****ed up drugs, also want to remove psychiatrist from the whole process before getting to this.

So I'd say the harm is to society overall.

I'd also go and far as saying their limited grasp of biology is dangerous when having an opinion on this subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I thought it was good overall and Graham Linehan added some balance to it. Disappointed the promised debate never materialised.

Very interesting that there is an explosion in girls wanting to transition. Wonder why that is? I think mass hysteria could be a reason, or a backlash against the ridiculous Instagram culture that is almost exclusively the preserve of teenage girls. But I'm just spitballing here.

I would be dead against medical intervention for kids younger than 18 but identifying as the other gender I'd have no issue with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

ceebee1981 wrote: »
    Where are you pulling that statistic from?

The original full article is behind a paywall but here is another report referencing it
    The vast majority of reported sexual assaults at public swimming pools in the UK take place in unisex changing rooms, new statistics reveal.

The data, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by the Sunday Times, suggests that unisex changing rooms are more dangerous for women and girls than single-sex facilities

Just under 90 per cent of complaints regarding changing room sexual assaults, voyeurism and harassment are about incidents in unisex facilities

What’s more, two thirds of all sexual attacks at leisure centres and public swimming pools take place in unisex changing rooms.

Of 134 complaints over 2017-2018, 120 reported incidents took place in gender-neutral changing rooms and just 14 were in single-sex changing areas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

Well they want to target kids as young as 12 with some fairly ****ed up drugs, also want to remove psychiatrist from the whole process before getting to this.

So I'd say the harm is to society overall.
    They?!? Who are they? non binary people? Lumping non binary people into one big group is bizarre, your making them all sound like the bloody childcatcher.
    I specifically said adults as you well know.
    Why are you so pissed off at how an adult chooses to live their life?
    Do you also hate gay people? Bi people? Sure would they not pick one gender to fancy?!?

So you are saying non binary people are harming society? How so exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Berserker wrote:

You cant be born in the wrong body. Like you cant be born in the wrong country. Or the wrong race.

The English feminist (i already feel dirty for agreeing with her) is right. You can get the procedure but if you are born a man you are a man no matter what you look like.

I am a man. I have different organs and medical needs to a woman. Pretending it doesnt matter is absolutely ridiculous. This is not a religious or homophobic view. Its a scientific one.

I did IT support for a global company around 12/13 years ago. Got a ticket in one day to to change a first name and as a result a user name and email to match.

Obvious male to female change even though the names were Dutch. It raised an eye brow for sure as in it's the last thing you'd expect to be doing but when I phoned her to let her know I was making the changes I congratulated her, it was all I could think to say she cried down the phone and thanked me profusely telling me it was the last thing left of her male life.

Fast forward to today and the bull**** I see around this issue is unreal, and thanks to social media as usual it has all the wrong kinds of people attached to it making the most noise. There is debate to be had for sure but not like it's being had here and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

professore wrote:
    I would be dead against medical intervention for kids younger than 18 but identifying as the other gender I'd have no issue with.

The problem is legal identification can allow the medical intervention to happen abroad.

When your 18 do what you want whether i agree or not. But before then it should never be even entertained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There’s plenty of harm in self identification for biological women. As for the gender fluid, morons worth laughing at.

They also contradict trans ideology (people are born or trapped in the wrong body). Or biology for that matter. Or gender as a social construct.

And how would we legislate for fluidity? Would it be two passports? Or twenty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Fast forward to today and the bull**** I see around this issue is unreal, and thanks to social media as usual it has all the wrong kinds of people attached to it making the most noise. There is debate to be had for sure but not like it's being had here and elsewhere.

Well said. It's taken on as a cause celebre by certain types that want to virtue signal their progressive nature to the world. Makes it harder for transgender people instead of easier.

So what? What is the significance of this for you?

So do you think maybe that you were different in a different way to the Wexford lad was different?

Well in my opinion it was all very suggestive from the parents/family.
    It was like x is a little different so let's label him.

• Advertisement

They?!? Who are they? non binary people? Lumping non binary people into one big group is bizarre, your making them sound like the bloody childcatcher.
    I specifically said adults as you well know.
    Why are you so pissed off at how an adult chooses to live their life?
    Do you also hate gay people? Bi people? Sure would they not pick one gender to fancy?!?

They as in the trans people on the program advocating for children as young as 12 to self identify and to remove psychiatrists from the equation. I wouldn't quite call them the child catcher but fairly predatory alright.

Adults can decide how they want to live its up to them to do what they want. I would think most have an issue with the Trans conversation wading into the area of children.

Now now trying to strawman, you must be mad.

The original full article is behind a paywall but here is another report referencing it

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

“46 cases, sexual assault allegations were made about attacks in other areas such as in the pool, in a sports hall or corridors.”

We should just ban men and woman being in the same room at any time’ “It's all about opportunity”

“46 cases, sexual assault allegations were made about attacks in other areas such as in the pool, in a sports hall or corridors.”

We should just ban men and woman being in the same room at any time’ “It's all about opportunity”

120 out of 134 took place in the actual unisex changing rooms, it's just what I said in my post. You questioned where I got the stats so I showed you and you focus on the fact that some assaults happened in corridors? Not really relevant to the point I was making about unisex facilities but ok then.

Women are being sold down the river in order to appease the transsexuals.

They as in the trans people on the program advocating for children as young as 12 to self identify and to remove psychiatrists from the equation. I wouldn't quite call them the child catcher but fairly predatory alright.

Adults can decide how they want to live its up to them to do what they want. I would think most have an issue with the Trans conversation wading into the area of children.

Now now trying to strawman, you must be mad.
    That poster was talking about non binary people for a start not trans.
    Look you get eejits from all walks of life, a few idiots should not lead to labelling an entire group.

I agree entirely on your 2nd paragraph, children should be let live their lives as they want without any external coercion and most definitely no one should be having surgery til they are an adult.

This thread is clearly going to turn into another one to bash!lgbt people like the one about some bloody child drag queen (which I like any gay person I have talked to agree is grotesque).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

And 48 of them were males looking to hook up.

• Advertisement

120 out of 134 took place in the actual unisex changing rooms, it's just what I said in my post. You questioned where I got the stats so I showed you and you focus on the fact that some assaults happened in corridors? Ok then.

You also said It's all about opportunity, how far do you take that logic?

The report also doesn’t mention the sexes of the victims or the perpetrators.

I won't entertain a nut who thinks he's neither man nor woman.
    What about a nut who thinks she's neither a man or a woman?
    Why do you care so much? I doubt they would entertain you either, live and let live.
    Just because you don't understand or relate to someone like that why would you dislike them so much or be so dismissive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Women are being sold down the river in order to appease the transsexuals.

What you on about, the objectors on the program had no problems with transexuals, they(like Linehan) have a problem with the self-id trans, those who have had no medical transition and retain their born genitalia.

klaaaz wrote: »
    What you on about, the objectors on the program had no problems with transexuals, they(like Linehan) have a problem with the self-id trans, those who have had no medical transition and retain their born genitalia.

I'm taking about the article that was posted showing unisex facilities are more dangerous for women.

A very balanced and hugely informative Prime Time tonight - although I suspect praising an RTÉ programme is akin to a crime in the eyes of some.

Anyway, three things stood out.
    First, the extraordinary number of teenage females who identify as male and how this is not replicated in the number of males who identify as female. Why? How is this explained?
    Second, the high crossover between the number of people who are transgender and who also have autism. Never knew that. How is this explained?
    Third, the very strong link between mental health issues and transgender people. I surmised that almost entirely based on the experience of one of my sibling's transgender children and the hell of pain and heartbreak the recurrent suicide watch and absence of mental health supports inflicted upon them for years. That absence of mental health supports for adolescents is the real scandal in all this, and that couple from Wexford personified the lives of so many parents trying to understand what's happening.

Far too many people here are caught up in bullshít about avoiding "pc" and trying to be "edgy" by "speaking the truth". And they miss the pain, suffering and loneliness of all those people who struggle to come to peace with their gender, never mind have their preferred gender accepted. I can honestly say I don't envy the lives/turmoil of any of the transgender people on that programme. I'd rather not put the boot in by demonising or dismissing their feelings. I'm sure the people who want to demean them could, if they had the balls, find stronger targets for their wrath. There but for the grace of God go we.

• Advertisement

What about a nut who thinks she's neither a man or a woman?
    Why do you care so much? I doubt they would entertain you either, live and let live.
    Just because you don't understand or relate to someone like that why would you dislike them so much or be so dismissive?

Because he (it's always a man) is an attention seeking twat. I don't like people like that.

There's a 40 something man in America who 'identifies' as a little girl. He's a freak, the absolute state of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah I'm sure if we just ignore half of this stuff it will go away.

Give it few years the trans stuff will be overshadowed by some other out there bull****.

Because he (it's always a man) is an attention seeking twat. I don't like people like that.

There's a 40 something man in America who 'identifies' as a little girl. He's a freak, the absolute state of him
    So your jealous of the attention? Maybe you need to chill out. Your lumping all non binary people together, do you think that is fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Graham is right.

So your jealous of the attention? Maybe you need to chill out.

Yes that's right I'm jealous of a weirdo.

And there's no such thing as 'non-binary'. Male or female, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

I'm taking about the article that was posted showing unisex facilities are more dangerous for women.

What's that got to do with transsexuals who have medically transitioned? Those assaults were committed by men.

klaaaz wrote: »
    What's that got to do with transsexuals who have medically transitioned? Those assaults were committed by men.

The article says unisex facilities are becoming more and more common so as to appease transsexuals

Here's a simple idea, have separate facilities for men and women.

That poster was talking about non binary people for a start not trans.
    Look you get eejits from all walks of life, a few idiots should not lead to labelling an entire group.

I agree entirely on your 2nd paragraph, children should be let live their lives as they want without any external coercion and most definitely no one should be having surgery til they are an adult.

This thread is clearly going to turn into another one to bash!lgbt people like the one about some bloody child drag queen (which I like any gay person I have talked to agree is grotesque).

Listen the politics of the day are such that the transgressions of a small group reflect the bigger picture. We have Gillette basically having a go at men telling them not to be default rapists and to stand up for women. This was applauded by most of the mainstream media and people who are into social justice. Why is one group judged on a whole where as another is not?

The children aspect of this is the only thing i really care about, adults can be adults be who they want to be and out of genuine respect for people i will call them whatever they want. I start loosing my tolerance with the whole thing when it comes to the children and some of the crap we see oversees like the Canadian law on child welfare.

As for the drag queen, we have had 2 incidents in the past couple of weeks. A Canadian drag queen kid (10) appearing in a photoshoot with a naked man, and an American drag queen kid (11) appearing in a gay bar. Imagine for one second if both these incidents had been straight males would the reaction be the same in the media? There would have been at best universal condemnation at worst the lads involved would be flagged for child safety reason, instead what we see is promotion of it.

You also said It's all about opportunity, how far do you take that logic?

The report also doesn’t mention the sexes of the victims or the perpetrators.

It's obvious that places where people are in a state of undress and that are unisex are at particular risk of attracting sexual predators. Those stats back it up.

It mentioned the sex of the victims, the headline says "unisex changing rooms put women at risk", so I'm going to assume the victims were female. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure the majority of those perpetrators would have been male. Unless there has been an unprecedented surge in women commiting sex assaults and in unisex changing rooms in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

professore wrote: »
    I thought it was good overall and Graham Linehan added some balance to it. Disappointed the promised debate never materialised.

Very interesting that there is an explosion in girls wanting to transition. Wonder why that is? I think mass hysteria could be a reason, or a backlash against the ridiculous Instagram culture that is almost exclusively the preserve of teenage girls. But I'm just spitballing here.

That was the one thing that I was surprised at as well.
    Anyone know why there is such a big proportion of girls wanting to change gender.

Very Freudian (his penis envy stuff may not actually be rubbish).
    It parallels the female empowerment stuff we get told about every day.

This is just me but I came away thinking what do the likes of my parents generation make of it all. Has the world gone nuts.

No issue if someone genuinely wants to transition (like the guy with the dog) but the idea that a large cohort of young girls want to transition baffles me. At first glance, that strikes me as a social phenomenon not purely biological.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement