Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots Terminal 1 Dublin/Toys for travel

Options
  • 21-01-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We are travelling this week with our 13 month old. This will be her 4th flight but the first where she is more aware/mobile, last one was at 7 months. What toys would ye recommend to distract? All her favs are noisy yokes and wouldnt do that to everyone. Anything you can recommend? Hoping a new toy will capture her attention. its only over to England but we are flying in the morning so getting her up earlier it will be near naptime and guessing she will be cranky and definitely wont sleep.

Also she is on a dairy free milk but we are in the middle of the milk ladder, up to ready made formula that day hopefully but dont want to bring 10 little bottles of milk (and I dont know if we would get that amount through security, they are hard to find so dont want to risk them getting dumped) and its one that isnt readily available to cant get it locally where we will be. I tried to call Boots in the airport but no reply. Does anyone have a number for them not online? I see posts here all the time of others who ordered milk there travelling and picked up in the airport but I am struggled to do that. Will pop Boots Ireland a message on FB but said I would try here while I wait on a reply.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

lashes34 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are travelling this week with our 13 month old. This will be her 4th flight but the first where she is more aware/mobile, last one was at 7 months. What toys would ye recommend to distract? All her favs are noisy yokes and wouldnt do that to everyone. Anything you can recommend? Hoping a new toy will capture her attention. its only over to England but we are flying in the morning so getting her up earlier it will be near naptime and guessing she will be cranky and definitely wont sleep.

Also she is on a dairy free milk but we are in the middle of the milk ladder, up to ready made formula that day hopefully but dont want to bring 10 little bottles of milk (and I dont know if we would get that amount through security, they are hard to find so dont want to risk them getting dumped) and its one that isnt readily available to cant get it locally where we will be. I tried to call Boots in the airport but no reply. Does anyone have a number for them not online? I see posts here all the time of others who ordered milk there travelling and picked up in the airport but I am struggled to do that. Will pop Boots Ireland a message on FB but said I would try here while I wait on a reply.

Thanks.

You can definitely get premade formula but I think there’s a limit on how many a person can buy? But you should be able to buy some in England then.

We travelled with a 13 month old and had her favourite books and snacks! Think we had one or two toys but there’s such limited space on those flights, once she dropped it it was tough to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Lashes i ordered milk in the chemist in terminal 2 by calling them. I would just keep calling them and im sure they will pick up, or maybe just ring dublin airport and ask to be put through to them.
    If it's only a short flight i would go with a few snacks and maybe one of the interactive books you can get? My little girl who is the same age loves those.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Thanks guys, eventually got through but they dont stock the milk I am looking for. I rang the airport and they said there is no limit on baby formula so I am going to try it and see how we go. I might get a doctor letter to be safe as we are very restricted in what we can give her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A couple of lift the flap books can go down well! Silent and fairly chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks guys, eventually got through but they dont stock the milk I am looking for. I rang the airport and they said there is no limit on baby formula so I am going to try it and see how we go. I might get a doctor letter to be safe as we are very restricted in what we can give her.

Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get through security. Depending on how much you actually do bring through, it could take a while, as they have to scan each item individually. Id recommend getting the fast track one too as you will be quicker as queues will be much better there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

If flying with aer Lingus they have a kids snacks / activity box for €6 - colours, small toy I think, drink. Went down well with our while flying a couple of months ago and kept them very entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MasieDaisy

Hi guys,

Thanks.

You can bring as much baby liquids as you like for your journey. Also you can bring any medicines/nappy creams even over 100ml for the child. As long as you state they are for the child traveling.

Advertisement