Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 5 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Betis 2 - 1 Porto

After getting shafted in our first match I thought this one was going the same way.

0-1 down early enough. My keeper is absolutely garbage and I get killed for pace.

Some decent play put me 2-1 up though in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

PSV 2-5 Wolves

Good game. PSV went 2 goals up early on but with Damo being the much better player a comeback was always on the cards. 2-2 at half time and a stupid pass by one of my midfielders gifted Wolves the lead. They never looked back after that. 5-2 was harsh I think. Patricio in the Wolves goal made some good saves. Shots on target was 9 each. I'm just glad I made a decent game of it compared to the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

West Ham 0 - 1 sevilla

Fairly tight game with both teams trying to find a way through, West ham were probably lucky to go all square at ht as pizzaburn edged the 1st half on shots and passes.

Vasquez scored one of the few chances of the game late on with Anrnautovic wasting a couple of decent equalizer chances

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Group B

Porto 2-0 PSV

Tight game, nothing in it over all. PSV had the better of the first half, pinning Porto back, but nil all at half time. Porto got off on the front foot at the start of the second half, Marega scored with their first shot on goal after 59 minutes. It see sawed after that, could have ended up 1-1, but a Porto break away in the 86th minute resulted in Soares hitting the post with an open goal a begging, the rebound hit a PSV defender and went in. Nothing he could have done about it, but a fortunate 2nd killer goal.
    Good game Dan

Division B

Betis 6 - 1 PSV

Needed a win like this - Betis are fairly useless tbh. No pace and poor overall! Lost Inui in January too which hurts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Leicester City 2 - 1 Villarreal

Leicester score straight from kick off, villarreal always chasing the game. Leicester frustrate villarreal with a dogged defence then get another. Villarreal scored from a corner, I was waiting for the equaliser but Leicesters defence held out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ajax 4 - 1 Benfica

Much closer than the scoreline suggests. The first half was fairly cagey, a lot ball winning from both sides but not many goal scoring chances. The opener came from Labyad in the 41st minute after he found himself one on one with the keeper after a defensive error from Benfica as they misjudged the flight of the ball and he cooly slotted home.

The second became more expansive with chances created from both sides but it was Ajax who extended their lead on 58 minutes as Tagliafico's first cross from a loose ball found Ziyech in the area who volleyed home from 8 yards. Benfica began to push further forward in search of a goal and were rewarded after some excellent footwork from Seferovic on the left side of the area created space for him to slide a perfect ball to Jonas for an easy tap in.

Benfica's tails were up and they could smell an equaliser in the air but Ajax were quick to tether their new found exuberance as Schone dispossessed the Benfica midfield, slotted a cool through ball to Dolberg, Dolberg played a quick one-two with Neres and made no mistake from inside the area on 71 minutes. Benfica had no choice but to go all out attack and were punished as Dolberg released the substitute Tadic who calmly dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper in the 81st. Benfica continued to prod and probe and a couple of saves from Onana were required but it was Ajax who took the victory.

As stated above though it could have either way until Osh had no choice but to push further forward - good game man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sevilla 1 Fulham 1

Vietto 61

Ever banega 65

Some awful finishing from both sides throughout , Fulham probably shaded it.

Sevilla are dreadful , smashed controller dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sevilla 0 ajax 6

Lads I'm dropping out , I'm not enjoying it , but better off without my moaning.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Ajax 2 - 3 West Ham

A real humdinger of a match and it must be said that Ajax will be annoyed with not taking any points as they missed some glorious opportunities to win this.

Ajax started quickly and Kristensen's throw in on the right was scooped into the box by Schone and Dolberg took advantage of some uncertainty from Adrian to head home on 7 minutes. West Ham to their credit came back almost immediately and Wilshere's through ball found Lanzini for a smart, composed finish past Onana.

The teams appeared to be going in even at half time until Ziyech was caught dawdling on the ball in his own area, was dispossessed by Lanzini and ultimately punished as West Ham went 2-1 up with four minutes of the first half left.

Ajax came out rejuvenated in the second half and created chances aplenty with Dolberg equalising in the 64th minute with a delightful chip over Adrian. However, it must be stated that Dolberg, Neres and Labyad were all guilty of missing golden chances to extend the lead and were left to rue these missed chances as Obiang, after some good play from Nasri, waltzed through the Ajax defence and dispatched clinically from the edge of the area to put West Ham back in front in the 76th minute.

Ajax huffed and puffed looking for an equaliser but a combination of poor finishing and some excellent saves by Adrian meant they went home empty handed.

Good game Jipo - you took your chances well and I didn't - well played man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Group B

Bournemouth
    (philamental) 3 - 4 Villarreal (az1234)

This was the 5th loss in a row for the home side but they played as well as they had in some time despite another defeat. They took the game to their superior opponents initially and were rewarded by an early goal from King who was left unmarked in the box. Villarreal grew into the game but it was still fairly even when out of nowhere a counter attack left Ekambi with a clear run on goal from about 40 yards out. He kept his composure and it was 1-1 at the break

Fornals put the away side in front for the first time early in the second half but Solanke tied it up again at 2-2 with a half hour still to play. Moreno but the visitors ahead again shortly afterwards after some clever intricate passing in the box, and Bacca smashed one home to extend the lead as both sides went all out in an end to end second half. Brooks managed to reduce the gap in the last minute with a deft free kick as Villarreal faded, and then in injury time Bournemouth broke down the right and into the box with options in the middle but couldn't find a man and the yellow submarines cleared to the sound of the final whistle.

Could have gone either way but Villarreal were deserving winners with more clinical finishing and may have won more easily if Boruc hadn't made some good saves. The loss leaves Bournemouth rooted to the bottom of the table with their season in tatters. Head Coach philamental joined the media via skype for the post match press conference. Dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses and holding a large coconut with multiple parasols and straws sticking out, the manager seemed relaxed when praising his players for the game they played although he didn't seem able to answer any specific questions about the action of the day, almost as if he hadn't actually watched the game and instead had been on the beach for the afternoon.

Group B

Betis 3 - 4 Wolves

Damo prob deserved the win but I do feel a little hard done by - keeper on a red down arrow let the first 4 shots on target in sadly. Really slow these lads!

Well played

Betis 2 - 4 Bournemouth

Life tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Division A week 3
    Torino 7 palace 1
    A game where everything I hit went in in fairness an of to make it 4 nil seemed to drive palace into a fuuck this mode so there were a few tasty challenges Torino players in traction for a couple of weeks. There were some nice goals with a couple of dummys leading to chances and a bentake consultation goal with the last kick. Zaha didn't turn up for this one the way he did in the reverse of this fixture but Zaza did with 4 goals.
    Good game niall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 4 Fixtures

Group A

IMG-20190211-082711.jpg

Group B

IMG-20190211-083055.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

Ajax 4 - 3 Palace

Another barnstormer from the Ajax vs Crystal Palace collection. I could probably write an essay on this game but my heart is still pounding and I need a lie down so I'll stick to the highlights. Needless to say there were oodles of chances and great saves from both keepers:

6 min - Milivojevic blasts a sitter over the bar from about six yards out

8 min - Ziyech gets through one on one with the keeper and puts it wide from ten yards out

13 min - Neres breaks away down the wing and releases Dolberg who smashes home to open the scoring - 1-0 Ajax

23 min - Kouyate plays a through ball to Benteke who out muscles Blind to create space and scores with a fine dink over the on rushing keeper - 1-1

49 min - Milivojevic makes up for his earlier miss by tonking a volley from a through ball over his shoulder from Zaha. Contender for goal of the tournament (if we had one). 2-1 Palace

58 mins - Onana completely misreads a cross from Townsend allowing Milivojevic to steal ahead of him and head into an empty net. 3-1 Palace

66 mins - Dolberg releases De Jong into the Palace area and he cooly slots past the keeper. 3-2 Palace

84 min - Labyad receives the ball just outside the area and gives a one touch lay off to the oncoming Schone who absolutely lamps it in from roughly 20 yards. 3-3

85 min - almost immediately Palace attack and Ayew dances past three defenders before flicking the ball around the keeper with the outside of his foot only to agonisingly clip the outside of the post.

91st min - Palace hearts are cruelly broken as a counter attack sees Labyad release Dolberg into a one on one with the keeper and he makes no mistake thumping it into the corner.

I don't know if I ever want to play Slattery again - I'm an old man and this isn't good for me, well played buddy you deserved at least a point.

Group B

Bournemouth
    (philamental) 2 - 4 PSV (danharps)

A similar tale to the first game where 'A' form PSV were just too good on the break. Scoring with their first attack, PSV were off to a flyer forcing Bournemouth to immediately chase the game. The home side did actually level things briefly but De Jong was unplayable and scored at least a couple as the Dutch side blew away their opponents with clinical finishing and led 4-1 at half time.

Second half saw PSV come out wearing robes and slippers while smoking on pipes, and this unusual choice of kit levelled the playing field somewhat as Bournemouth had more of the play in the second half. The Cherries could only manage to peg one goal back however and PSV coasted home without too much trouble.

Well played Dan.

Bournemouth (philamental) 1 - 2 Nantes (Stephen_Mc91)

For what felt like the 15th time in a row, Bournemouth again conceded on on their opponents first attack as Nantes broke through with ease. The home fans felt like another heavy defeat was on the cards, but rallied their boys to an improved showing in an even first half. However Nantes continued to prove a threat as they slammed a shot against the post just before half time to remain one up at the break.

With nothing further to lose Bournemouth chased the game and got their reward with a leveler in the early stages of the second half. Buoyed by the goal, they continued to press and had Nantes worried for a spell. The French side wanted the three points and went to an attacking formation as both sides went toe to toe looking for victory but it was the Canaries who got the breakthrough late in the game to snatch the win at the death.

Good scrap, Stephen. Well played.

Bournemouth Manager, philamental was not present for the post match press conference and club officials outright denied the rumours that their man was seen standing outside Stamford Bridge with a sign saying 'Sarri Out! Philamental In!"

Ajax 1 - 5 Torino

Hate playing against Reggie!

It was over after 8 minutes as Torino went 2-0 up. It was 4-0 at half time. Torino scored almost immediately in the second half and I feared an absolute hiding. Managed to grab a goal and then there were a few chances for both teams but amazingly I kept Reggie scoreless for 40 minutes, which I'm going to claim as a record and crown myself the best defensive manager in the league - cool?

Highlights as follows:

3 min - Ball falls kindly for Berenguer from a deflected shot and he slides home.

8 min - Berenguer finds Baselli, who was blatantly offside, from three yards out and he does the business

30 min - Belotti runs unchallenged from his own half into the area and slots it home

45 min - Falque crosses, Onana goes missing (again!) and Baselli heads home

47 min - Apologies but I can't remember this one, Falque assisted Belotti, I know that much - I'm guessing that Falque stopped the ball on his own goal line, ran the length of the pitch taking on 42 Ajax players (some of them twice) before flicking the ball back to Belotti who did a scorpion kick from the halfway line that Onana misjudged and allowed to slip through his hands, and then his feet and just watched it trickle. I'm assuming this because this is the kind of sh1te I have to play against against Reggie!

51 min - Ziyech releases Dolberg in the area who smashes it home and in the process prevents the entire Ajax team collectively dying of embarrassment.

Reggie is some player to be fair. Damo must have sold his soul to Satan in order to beat him - I'm half thinking of doing it myself. Very well played Reggie ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

West Ham 2 - 3 Ajax

Caught Ajax on A form here, or that it makes much difference at 4 star, Dohlberg put Ajax 1 up with a well worked move leaving him free in the box to beat fabianski.

Andersen equalized with a lovely worked move resulting in a slight ball over the top landing at Andersen's toe to tap home, 1-1 ht.

Ajax soon went 2 and then 3-1 up midway into the 2nd half again with well worked moves, I think it was hernandez who pulled one back late on for an nervy finish.

Very enjoyable game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Leicester 1 - 3 PSV

Match report:

I hate this game.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Nantes 4-0 PSV

End to end match this, way closer than the score would suggest. PSV missed chance after chance while Nantes' keeper had the game of his life. PSV were then caught on the counter by Coulibaly, who got a hattrick, and Griotto who scored the fourth after coming on in the 2nd half. Great game Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Gameweek 3
    Fulham 4-3 West Ham
    A game were either team could have won , back and forth throughout
    the last 15minutes were extremely sweaty with Fulham hanging onto a 3-2 lead west ham applied the pressure
    Fulham would score in the 89th minute from a quick break to go 2 infront only to see the hammers score in the 92th minute
    I kicked off expecting to hear the whistle it didn't come and seri very nearly shat his pants and just about cleared it far enough for the ref to blow for full time
    Great game jipo harsh to not get something out of it a very even game , best of luck with the rest of the league

Gutted

Bournemouth 2 -2 Wolves

Took a two goal lead with two counters early in the first half. Damo pegged one back for 2-1 at half time. Damo did miss a number of good chances so presume he had button lag or sh**e form strikers but I did well enough overall and held on and in the last ten I even looked more dangerous countering. In injury time the ball broke to me in midfield and I tried a pass instead of lashing it anywhere and lost the ball. You all know what happened next.

Draw probably fair but to come so close to beating *the* man for someone of my skills and miss out ….. :(

Group B

Porto 3-0 Bournemouth

Porto off to a good start with a goal from Aboubakar after 6 minutes. He got his second on 17 and the stadium was buzzing. Bournemouth were getting back in to it, and 2-1 was looking like it could be on the cards, however Tiquinho Soares was sprung free on a counter attack after 61 minutes and made no mistake, to wrap up the match, much to the relief of the Porto manager.
    Good game Philamental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Group B

PSV 3-3 Villareal

Game of 2 halves really. PSV had the majority of the 1st half and went in 2 goals to the good at HT. Villareal came out in the second half and had the majority of possession and chances. Scored 3 quick fire goals to go 3-2 up. PSV had to go and try and get one back and that they did in the 84th minute. Point each was fair. Fantastic game.

Group B

Porto 1-1 Leicester City

Good game here. Leicester deservedly went in 1-0 at the break after pretty much dominating the first half. Okazaki scoring after a lovely pass found him in space to shoot home after 15 minutes.
    The lads got the hairdryer treatment n the dressing room and responded by getting in to the game. After a couple of chances, including a glorious one on one, were missed, Porto equalised through Corona on 75. There was chances for both sides to win it after this. Leicester had a great one on one chance of their own, the ball eventually being hacked off the line by a Porto defender. I don't know how it didn't go in.
    Both teams could have won it. A draw in the end, a fair result I think.
    Good game Meath77.

Group B

Bournemouth
    (philamental) 2 - 2 Leicester (Meath77)

Groundhog day for Bournemouth as they again went into a two goal first half lead only to be pegged back and have to share the spoils when the final whistle went. First half was reasonably even but the home side had the clearer cut chances which they took, with Josh King netting a brace. Leicester changed to a more attacking formation in the second and had much the better of the play with the increasing pressure eventually paying off with two Vardy goals.

Well played Meath. A draw was the least you deserved.

I'm confused now though, people. If Meath beat Damo, and I beat Meath (earlier), and this match was supposed to determine the true identity of who beat Damo …. but then I *almost* beat Damo and drew with Damo … and then drew with Meath …. I mean … did anyone actually beat Damo? Does Damo even exist? Or is Damo just a construct of my subconscious … which would actually explain his god given PES skills …. :eek:

*Philamental was escorted into an ambulance by some men in long white coats after this*

( :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Torino 3 Florentina 4

Heart broken 3 one up and Florentina down to 10 men i thought i would see this out, Coleman had other ideas and ripped me apart with his front 2. I had some chances and huffed and puffed but he was too hood in defence.
    Well won coleman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Group A

Fiorentina (Colemaniser) 0-2 Benfica (kingosh)

Good game here with Benfica going ahead early on. Fiorentina piled on the pressure but couldn't grab a goal and went in at half time 1 nil down with the visitors having scored with their only shot in the first half.

The second half was a bit more even with Benfica defending excellently and Fiorentina unable to get the equaliser. Benfica grabbed a second midway through the second half and Fiorentina couldn't put up enough fight to comeback.

Good game osh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Div A

Benfica 1 -0 Fulham

Good game this despite the low score. Seferovic got the only goal as it turned out, on 6 mins. Tight shot from the side close in but I didn't have much on so figured why not, and he cracks a thunderbolt in off the bar. Kenneth was trying to pause the game shortly after that but weirdly the ball didn't actually go out again til half time.

Second half had some good chances for both sides, towards the end of the game there was more than one goalmouth scramble with me trying to clear it frantically. Thankfully held on for a much needed win, helped in no small part by some great form.

Advertisement