Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute Pay

Options
  • 21-01-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone on substitute cover or maternity cover. It's likely that no tax credits are currently being applied to your wages due to the new "pay modernisation" So it's likely that 55% of your wages are being deducted thanks to this lovely screw up...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The DES is ceasing employment for subs after every pay run. Revenue says it's DES' fault. DES says they have no alternative way to do things. Expecting ETB pay soon too for the first time under the new system so fingers crossed they haven't messed it up too. You certainly wouldn't want to be relying on it anyway. DES says a couple of thousand affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I reckon there was a meeting between revenue and dept. and Mary Civil Servant said "... what will happen to the subs?"... and everyone in the room did this.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jokes aside ...
    I remember when I was on the sub circuit I had to assign off and on intermittently until they realised there was a system in place.
    They should just adopt something similar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The sad truth is it's more likely nobody even thought of the subs, outside those who deal directly with them.

Sure aren't all the teachers on 90k, gold plated, off at 2, the holidays Joe....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Phone call with revenue placed the blame squarely on the Dept. The very helpful lady from revenue even said, "They're the worst offenders for this kind of thing."

• Advertisement
Advertisement