Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEWARE eir harvesting DOBs ? data protection policy complaint

• 21-01-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

i was asked for my DOB during an eir chat

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Vikas[/font][/color]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][2:25:58 PM][/font][/color]
    [][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To protect your privacy, could you confirm the complete name on the account, date of birth and the address?[/font][/color]

[][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]May I have the date of birth on the account?[/font][/color]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Vikas[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][2:31:54 PM][/font]
    [][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I am sorry the date of birth is not matching with the account, please confirm it correctly?[/font][/color]

i gave a false DOB as as test to see if they held data on me

[][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I am sorry the date of birth is not matching with the account, please confirm it correctly?[/font][/color]

ten mins later after protesting  and mentioning data protection commissioner complaint was given other options to confirm account, why were these options not available at start 

obviously eir is harvesting DOB and how do we know that eir is not using them for marketing purposes or sending them to 3rd parties

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][2:39:00 PM][/font]
    [][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Could you please confirm the memorable date/word on the account, or last payment method on the account or the products on the account or the last bill amount?[/font][/color]

i asked 
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]what is email of eir data protection section[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]how do i get my DOB deleted from your records[/font]

no reply given

i asked
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]how do i get a transcipt of this chat emailed to me [/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I am sorry we do not have access to send the chat transcript however you can copy it from your end.[/font]

so chat is useless as no records can be verifyed by email

i have no recollection of giving out my DOB to eir 

what is the contact email of eir data protection officer to make a complaint and get that data deleted

where is eir written data protection policy

i await a written respose before i make a formal complaint to data protection commissioner

thanks and regards[/B][/B][/B]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Their privacy policy available on their website with answer all your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dochartaigh

Their privacy policy available on their website with answer all your questions.
    thx i searched the help section for  "privacy policy" nothing

any link for "privacy policy" 

a eir customer service agent also needs to address the specific questions i asked above 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Its down at the bottom of the front page, where it is on most websites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

i was asked for my DOB during an eir chat

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Vikas[/font][/color]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][2:25:58 PM][/font][/color]
    [][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To protect your privacy, could you confirm the complete name on the account, date of birth and the address?[/font][/color]

[][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]May I have the date of birth on the account?[/font][/color]

i gave a false DOB as as test to see if they held data on me

ten mins later after protesting  and mentioning data protection commissioner complaint was given other options to confirm account, why were these options not available at start 

obviously eir is harvesting DOB and how do we know that eir is not using them for marketing purposes or sending them to 3rd parties

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][2:39:00 PM][/font]
    [][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Could you please confirm the memorable date/word on the account, or last payment method on the account or the products on the account or the last bill amount?[/font][/color]

i asked 
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]what is email of eir data protection section[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]how do i get my DOB deleted from your records[/font]

no reply given

i asked
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]how do i get a transcipt of this chat emailed to me [/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I am sorry we do not have access to send the chat transcript however you can copy it from your end.[/font]

so chat is useless as no records can be verifyed by email

i have no recollection of giving out my DOB to eir 

what is the contact email of eir data protection officer to make a complaint and get that data deleted

where is eir written data protection policy

i await a written respose before i make a formal complaint to data protection commissioner

thanks and regards[/B][/B][/B]
    Hi there dochartaigh,

If you are looking for information on our privacy policies you will find everything outlined here on our website. 

If you wish to discuss this further you can do so by contacting our Data Protection department using the following email address.

dpo@eir.ie

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Given that Eir already hold the D.O.B, they are not harvesting it.
    They are using it as a verification step to ensure the person purporting to be their customer, can provide details that match those held on their database.
    That is not data harvesting, it is GDPR compliant contact centre data protection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement