Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl LIII - Rams v Patriots

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kick or run? What a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

looked a generous spot. Brady sneak upcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Kick it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hmmm, interesting decision. Have to trust the kicker surely.

looked a generous spot. Brady sneak upcoming.

Yeah, I was thinking that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Cutting it fine there

Jaysus, he likes that left post doesn't he?

Just about.

I think you have a better chance of sneaking to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

This is so stressful!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

For the sake of drama, I was hoping he'd miss it.

That'll do it then. Not a great Super Bowl by any stretch of the imagination. Patriots by far the better team, just could not separate themselves thanks to stout Rams D for most of the game. Looked a bit worn out near the end.

Goff had a total nightmare of a game, as did McVay - nothing they did worked and got completely outwitted by Belichick.

Definitely didn't see the Patriots in the Super Bowl halfway through the year, and thought the Chiefs would get them in the Championship game, and thought the Rams would show up and beat them in the game tonight, so congratulations to the Patriots and all the fans here. Unbelievable achievement to win 6 rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

My upc box just rebooted after the kick. WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Gilmore MVP? Hightower? Michel? Ryan Allen?

I'm probably in the minority but I loved that game. Always tense when it's low scoring.

Thanks everyone for the entertainment on here all game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Deserved for the win over the Chiefs more than anything else.

I'm probably in the minority but I loved that game. Always tense when it's low scoring.

Great game

Couldn’t see us winning the SB half way through the regular season. Just weren’t firing at all and making some very poor decisions and plays. Lost on the road plenty.

Unbelievable achievement. What a game plan and effort from the defense. A coaching clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Weird game.

Two top offenses doing nothing. Terrible quarterback play from both sides. Patriots had a running game (shocker given the players on both sides) and generated a lot more pressure.

Tom Brady played far better last year but Belichek had the team working better this year. Maybe the Pats can keep going without Brady.

Even Ghosts two scores cut it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah baby yeah. Ghost closes it out. Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady will all have statues outside Gillette Stadium.
    This team was a joke franchise until Bob Kraft bought them. Now we are tied for the most Superbowl wins. Just incredible.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Well done Patriots, completely shut the Rams down. Belichick is a genius, it’s almost not fair on the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Biggest margin of victory for Pats in a Super Bowl is the one they only manage 13 in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This is Brady and Bill's biggest achievement. With the difficulties and challenges they've faced throughout the season, to win it all, is absolutely phenomenal. 6 rings. Wow.

Edelman MVP no question.

blackwhite wrote: »
    Biggest margin of victory for Pats in a Super Bowl is the one they only manage 13 in?

That's a great stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All these writers calling Sean McVay an offensive genius just had their asses handed to them.

Did you see Brady’s helmet been taken by a helper.
    No repeat of last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah baby yeah. Ghost closes it out. Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady will all have statues outside Gillette Stadium.
    This team was a joke franchise until Bob Kraft bought them. Now we are tied for the most Superbowl wins. Just incredible.

Fair play to ya btw, I remember you saying a number of months ago that you had a feeling they'd go out and win it all this season. Great call.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I love a low scoring game but regardless Bellichick is just stupid. Mind blowing schemes all game.

Eugh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I know people were giving out about the game being boring but I didn't mind it, I'm only dissapointed we didn't get a big firecracker of a finish, instead of the the underwhelming and predictable one we got.

Advertisement