Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal transfers

Options
  • 21-01-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I sent money from my online banking to Paypal using their iban but there’s a notice saying that their banking account information has changed so I should provide my bank with paypal’s new transfer recipient information. How do I provide bank of Ireland with this and what exactly is it that I should provide BOI with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Tcleary,

Thanks for contacting us today.

In this instance, you would need to delete the existing PayPal payee details from your list of payees and then add PayPal again with the new information. Please ensure to input your PayPal account number in the 'Reference' field when adding the new details.

Thanks
    Tara

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Tcleary wrote: »
    I sent money from my online banking to Paypal using their iban but there’s a notice saying that their banking account information has changed so I should provide my bank with paypal’s new transfer recipient information. How do I provide bank of Ireland with this and what exactly is it that I should provide BOI  with?
    As a very long term user of Paypal, can I respectfully suggest that you check very carefully that the mail you have received from Paypal is a genuine mail, and not a fraudulent message from someone seeking to compromise your account. It is possible that Paypal have changed banks or accounts, but it would be unusual, and very strange to get such a request after you have made transfers that have gone through apparently correctly.

Best regards

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement