Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questionable infraction

Options
  • 21-01-2019 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭

I would like to appeal two infractions for commenting in Accommodation & Property Here is the link to the second case. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109203996&postcount=19
    The moderator deleted the first.

I was alleged to be what is called 'trolling'. I find this grossly inaccurate as I was making a reasoned and objective comment. I was not trying to get a rise. I was not saying it was justified but it is a very common sentiment and frankly, I find this to be a case of personal bias. Moderators are not here to implement social policy and I see this as acting outside of their remit.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod in question? That's the first step of the appeals process before starting a thread here

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod in question? That's the first step of the appeals process before starting a thread here

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Yes, I tried but he/she refuses to engage. Please bear in mind that I that I am a respectful person and I never use slurs in any post. The language I use which was accused of being trolling is the language used in economics.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you saying they replied indicating they would not engage, or have you not received a reply at all?

If it's the former I will alert the CMods to have a look at this for you

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you saying they replied indicating they would not engage, or have you not received a reply at all?

If it's the former I will alert the CMods to have a look at this for you

Thanks

He replied but didn't explain how his position followed the charter.

An_Toirpin wrote: »
    He replied but didn't explain how his position followed the charter.

If you wish you can post the PM exchange here (or forward it to a CMod when they look at your appeal). At the very least the mod should have explained why your post breached the Charter and I will contact the mod to advise them of this

• Advertisement

OP sitebanned for using an alt account which is against site rules

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement