Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build MHRV question/ advice

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Friend of mine has new house built 2 years ago. Says he checked mvhr filters and they are still spotless? Mine are filthy after 9months. He hadn't changed filters since he moved in. Is That normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Some models just require check and a clean rather than a swap.

Also his unit may not be functioning well if its spotless....

Anybody else I talk to has filters that are dirty after a year max. Doesn't make sense how you could have spotless filters especially in new build for first year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭testtech05

Our unit in 210m sq new build was set at 40/45% fan speed by the installers but when we had our airtightness etc done last week they suggested the air flow was too low and the fan speed should be increased possibly as far as 70%.
    We moved in in March and hadnt any issues with condensation or anything at 40% but Im just wondering what kind of questions I should be asking to confirm this is necessary?

At 40-45 we couldnt hear the system but at 70 it is noticeable in quiet rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Biker1

If it was commissioned correctly you would have been given the flow rates for each room. This is then supposed to be verified by an independent third party tester (NSAI registered). From my experience any unit set at 40% never passes the test as the ventilation rates are always well below what is required.

• Advertisement

Mine was set to 40% and had some condensation first winter. 45% none. Upped it to 50 lately and house seems much fresher. No noticeable increase in noise or electricity. 70% is my boost and that would be too noisy to be running it at. Some on this thread were saying 40% was too high but reality is it isn't for well sealed house especially new builds.

Advertisement