Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts - just outside 28 day exchange timeframe

Options
  • 21-01-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I got a handbag for a Christmas present which I didn’t like. I intended to exchange it but completely forgot until I found it when tidying this evening. I have a gift receipt but the 28 days since it was purchased was up on Friday 18th. Does anyone have any experience trying to exchange something out of that timeframe? Will they offer any leniency?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not being smart, but you really won't know until you go and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Not being smart, but you really won't know until you go and talk to them.

Obviously not... but it’s 9.30pm and too late to ring them. Hence why I posted here to see if anyone had a similar experience so I can prepare for good/bad news. Thanks for the helpful response though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Seriously, it will depend on too many factors to go by any previous experiences - value, current stock of the bag, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seriously, it will depend on too many factors to go by any previous experiences - value, current stock of the bag, etc.

Not forgetting the demeanor of the person asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Arnotts are actually very good in this scenario. I had a rug we bought and I totally forgot about it for months and when we put it down it was far too small for the area. They couldn't refund me because it was a few months later but gave me a full store credit.

Ask nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ask nicely

Of course I will, I’m lovely :)

Thanks for the response, don’t think I’ll be able to get away at lunch today to go :( but hopefully I’ll be able to try my luck tomorrow.

Advertisement