Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call barring on outgoing calls - no reason

• 21-01-2019 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have had my calls barred on outgoing calls since Thursday 17th Jan  - and cannot receive incoming calls. This has not been set up by me and is not due to any payment issues.

Whenever I tried to make any calls (even frustratingly to customer care) I get a message of "You are currently barred from making calls..."

I have been into Eir stores and chatted online with Eir several times over the past few days - all of which, aside from the girl in the store today, has been a very disappointing and fruitless experience. the girl today replace my sim in case that was the issue - but it wasnt.

On each occasion the initial solution proposed is to call customer care - which I cant do!
    The next alternative is to "wait" as other customers are experiencing this issues and it will be resolved soon - that was the message Friday, Saturday and again today.

So - just wondering if others are in fact having this issue?

Have always found Eir (Eircom etc) very poor from a customer service perspective - but I have to say I'm even more shocked at how feckless they are about not providing a service at all. 

To add to my issues - they had my incorrect date of birth in their "new" system - despite me being a (meteor) customer for years - so I couldn't  even get my account details - just more of the disappointment of being with Eir! This has now been sorted. Small wins!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

dj102030 wrote: »
    I have had my calls barred on outgoing calls since Thursday 17th Jan  - and cannot receive incoming calls. This has not been set up by me and is not due to any payment issues.

Whenever I tried to make any calls (even frustratingly to customer care) I get a message of "You are currently barred from making calls..."

I have been into Eir stores and chatted online with Eir several times over the past few days - all of which, aside from the girl in the store today, has been a very disappointing and fruitless experience. the girl today replace my sim in case that was the issue - but it wasnt.

On each occasion the initial solution proposed is to call customer care - which I cant do!
    The next alternative is to "wait" as other customers are experiencing this issues and it will be resolved soon - that was the message Friday, Saturday and again today.

So - just wondering if others are in fact having this issue?

Have always found Eir (Eircom etc) very poor from a customer service perspective - but I have to say I'm even more shocked at how feckless they are about not providing a service at all. 

To add to my issues - they had my incorrect date of birth in their "new" system - despite me being a (meteor) customer for years - so I couldn't  even get my account details - just more of the disappointment of being with Eir! This has now been sorted. Small wins!
    Hi there dj102030,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced and I completely understand your frustration.

However, we are unable to deal with such Technical issues as this. May I ask have you contacted our Technical Support department on either our Technical Support webchat here or by phone on 1890 260 260?

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dj102030

Hi Kellie

Yes I've been on to Tech support as has the girl in the eir shop on my behalf. Have used the web chat - which didnt yield any solutions.
    I have to say web chat is particularly poor and ineffective.

Thanks

Hi Kellie

Yes I've been on to Tech support as has the girl in the eir shop on my behalf. Have used the web chat - which didnt yield any solutions.
    I have to say web chat is particularly poor and ineffective.

Thanks
    Hi there dj102030,

I am sorry to hear about this. Why don't you PM me the following account details, and I will see if I can get this escalated for you from here?

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

Hi Kellie

Have PM'd you my details there. I have been in contact with two other support staff today - and again after giving over my details and engaging in very protracted conversations - they have nothing to offer - the conversations are not being tracked either - as its a case of having to explain the problem every single time from the most basic details

Thanks

Hi Kellie

Have PM'd you my details there. I have been in contact with two other support staff today - and again after giving over my details and engaging in very protracted conversations - they have nothing to offer - the conversations are not being tracked either - as its a case of having to explain the problem every single time from the most basic details

Thanks
    Hi dj102030,

I understand this is frustrating and I appreciate your patience.

I have just responded to your PM.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Kellie

Its been over ten days since I have been able to make or receive phone calls due to an unknown technical issue with eir.
    I have not received any solutions or alternative options to this problem in that time. This is completely unacceptable and as a result I have PM'd you to request that my contract be terminated immediately without any penalty on my side. I cannot wait for eir to troubleshoot this issue anymore - i have been asked to wait "24 to 48 hrs" too often in relation to this issues.

Day 13 of not being able to make or receive calls on my mobile due to a technical issue with eir

Incredibly poor customer service from eir - still waiting to get any traction on the issue - eir representatives are failing to offer any explanation, solution or alternatives.

Day 13 of not being able to make or receive calls on my mobile due to a technical issue with eir

Incredibly poor customer service from eir - still waiting to get any traction on the issue - eir representatives are failing to offer any explanation, solution or alternatives.
    Hi dj102030,

I completely understand your frustration. I have just replied to your a PM about this.

~Kellie

Advertisement