Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Azealia Banks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've met some right c*nts of staff on Aer Lingus so I don't think she's entirely to blame. The headline is ridiculous she's clearly not saying Irish women are ugly she's saying the staff's behavior was ugly.

She is, she's slagging off our rose of tralee now calling her ugly.
    She's trying to offend us all as a country, so she can get attention and stay relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I've met some right c*nts of staff on Aer Lingus so I don't think she's entirely to blame. The headline is ridiculous she's clearly not saying Irish women are ugly she's saying the staff's behavior was ugly.

"I've worked too hard in my life to be cornered by some ugly Irish b***h. They are ugly Irish women here"

Sure Dan, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

GingerLily wrote: »
    She's trying to offend us all as a country, so she can get attention and stay relevant.

How dare she slag off our Rose of Tralee, that's the last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Can't see any trace of her doing that, seems unlikely (or stupid) as she is in Dublin now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Can't see any trace of her doing that, seems unlikely (or stupid) as she is in Dublin now
    Read her Instagram stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Bob Harris wrote: »
    "I've worked too hard in my life to be cornered by some ugly Irish b***h. They are ugly Irish women here"

Sure Dan, sure.

All I'm saying Bob is that you can be ugly in more than one sense, and saying "They are ugly Irish women here" does not necessarily equal "All Irish women are ugly" and is a clickbait headline.

I think it much more likely she's saying "There are Irish women in my vicinity with unredeeming personality traits", but she didn't quite articulate that at the time :D

But also, I don't give AF :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Another traveler bashing thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

She has that one class song, where if the clean version is played it effectively mutes about 92% of the words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

razorblunt wrote: »
    She has that one class song, where if the clean version is played it effectively mutes about 92% of the words!

Great tune all right but so strangely aggressive for one so young. She had a comfortable upbringing by her own admission - why such hostility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Elon Musk must have shares in Aer Lingus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Great tune all right but so strangely aggressive for one so young. She had a comfortable upbringing by her own admission - why such hostility.
    It sells? The whole "teenage angst and anger" always has and its made for some great music.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It's art dahling.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Her brother Carlton and sister Ashley are always nice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The holy hack of this poxy horror, looks like a sock full of yogurt.
    That's just loopy. Of course she doesn't.

She is a rude obnoxious weapon but making unfounded claims about her looks is just stooping to her level.

She's at best pretty (likely very pretty when tarted up), at worst unremarkable looking.
    i get your point, maybe I should have not be so abrupt in the way she was.

Well I liked your comment because the linguistics in your description was positively fantastic, whether true or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭blackbox

hope she enjoys Ryanair...

She might end up taking the ferry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

blackbox wrote: »
    She might end up taking the ferry...

Said on radio this morning that she took the ferry to Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I've never had trouble with any airline staff including aer lingus because guess what, I sit down and behave myself on a flight.

If in the rare event that anyone is a bit snippy, just do a Frozen and 'let it go', it's not that hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Another traveler bashing thread?

Travelling from point a to point b and a sense of entitlement.

Yeah, guess so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is all over the phrase "sort you out"
    In Ireland, it means take care of you.
    In the USA it means murder you.

She's the biggest drama queen ever and no doubt will be on some big radio show in New York claiming that she has been racially abused etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

In December 2014 she called for over $100 trillion to be paid to African Americans as financial reparations for the enslavement of their ancestors.

Why is it when Azelia and Sinéad O'Connor make crazy statements it makes the headline news? Attention-seeking is all they're at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

hope she enjoys Ryanair...

According to the Irish Daily Mirror she had to get the boat over... haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Have to say I'm surprised at this news. She's usually so nice.

390-banks-0405%2B%25281%2529.jpg

In other news, the woman is actually a witch.

/AngryMan

Wibbs wrote: »
    It sells? The whole "teenage angst and anger" always has and its made for some great music.
    It's art dahling.
    I know but there's teenage angst and then there's seething unhinged venom. She just seems like a total scumbag.

She was like 21 for that song - I'd say she doesn't even understand half of what she's on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

In December 2014 she called for over $100 trillion to be paid to African Americans as financial reparations for the enslavement of their ancestors.

Why is it when Azelia and Sinéad O'Connor make crazy statements it makes the headline news? Attention-seeking is all they're at.

Marketing ! Azelia ok but she has never become a priest/nun/Muslim she needs to up here game

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

I think what is really alarming is that in a country with such a proud musical tradition, that someone like this can actually sell out gigs. Musical tastes have really gone down the pan in this once great nation. That a vulgar American female "rapper" can call Irish women ugly and mock the famine, and young Irish wans will still go see her, says it all about our moral decline. If I had a daughter that liked this sort of stuff I'd know that I failed as a parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ugly inside and out

GAA Beo wrote: »
    I think what is really alarming is that in a country with such a proud musical tradition, that someone like this can actually sell out gigs. Musical tastes have really gone down the pan in this once great nation. That a vulgar American female "rapper" can call Irish women ugly and mock the famine, and young Irish wans will still go see her, says it all about our moral decline. If I had a daughter that liked this sort of stuff I'd know that I failed as a parent.
    Ah you wouldn't have failed as a parent. Can't stop kids from being into what the crowd are into, but I agree otherwise.

The mixed messages are what get me - "don't allow yourself to be objectified" yet "be as overtly sexual as possible".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

I present to you, The Malignant Narcissist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

GAA Beo wrote: »

she had a big hit 5 years ago and can barely sell out one of our smallest venues, I think we're doing ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I have no idea who she is.

I have no desire to find out who she is.

I love Irish women.

She's a mad woman for taking on Irish women.

My wife would go through her for a shortcut "the fcking state of her" was one of the nicer things she said about her when she read the story yesterday.

She's a mad woman for taking on Irish women.

My wife would go through her for a shortcut "the fcking state of her" was one of the nicer things she said about her when she read the story yesterday.

I'd love to see a standoff between Azealia and a howiya. The howiya would win hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Had to laugh at her insta stories where she’s reposting messages from “Mary Mc Carthy” etc threatening to throw spuds at her tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cartroubles

She has branded Irish people "potato pickers" and "UK peasants" now.

"And your ugly pasty dry white lady winter skin face is the ugliest face I’ve ever seen that must be why you hide it all the time. HAVE SOME F*CKING RESPECT FOR MY F*CKING TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION YOU POMPOUS WHITE BITCH"

- She once tweeted that to the singer Sia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd love to see a standoff between Azealia and a howiya. The howiya would win hands down.

There's a lot of vidyas online of them black american chung wans getting into digging matches, most of em seem to have glass chinss. An AJH would make mincemeat of her I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

She's what they call "ratchet".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

When's this gig then? I'd love to see the audience tell her to **** off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

circadian wrote: »
    When's this gig then? I'd love to see the audience tell her to **** off.
    Tonight! I'd love if nobody showed up, would be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Tonight! I'd love if nobody showed up, would be hilarious.

Either not showing up or showing up and shouting her down since the tickets have been paid for, may as well get something out of it.

I wouldn't say she's a racist per se, she's just a colossal dickhead that craves attention in any form.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Never heard of this twat till yesterday but.... Damn, that song 212 is good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Racist black woman meets typical Irish battleaxe.

Storm and tea cup comes to mind here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I strongly suspect a guerilla PR campaign to get publicity and she's got tons of it.

With the bad girl image, all publicity is good publicity even if it's negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

"And your ugly pasty dry white lady winter skin face is the ugliest face I’ve ever seen that must be why you hide it all the time. HAVE SOME F*CKING RESPECT FOR MY F*CKING TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION YOU POMPOUS WHITE BITCH"

- She once tweeted that to the singer Sia.

Imagine any white singer/artist sending a tweet like that addressing Banks as a 'POMPOUS BLACK BITCH'. Their career would be over in a nanosecond.

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I strongly suspect a guerilla PR campaign to get publicity and she's got tons of it.

With the bad girl image, all publicity is good publicity even if it's negative.

She has form for this type of thing:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/azealia-banks-clashes-with-flight-attendant

She's also gone on radio to make up stories, attack others, then break down saying that she is being racially abused and it's not her fault.
    She's done the same on all social media platforms. Been released from record labels, quit the music industry a few times...it's an ongoing drama with her.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Can I just reassure Irish women that they are not by and large ugly.

That should buy me some brownie points around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

sweetie wrote: »
    she had a big hit 5 years ago and can barely sell out one of our smallest venues, I think we're doing ok!

Yet she's headline news. I'd say she's happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

its one good tune tho'

[explicit lyrics NSFW]

The tune isn't even hers, just the lyrics. Entire backing track is from Lazy Jay - Float My Boat from 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    She's also gone on radio to make up stories, attack others, then break down saying that she is being racially abused and it's not her fault.
    She's done the same on all social media platforms. Been released from record labels, quit the music industry a few times...it's an ongoing drama with her.

God she seriously sounds like someone I know and I can't f*cking stand the person I know.

Advertisement